pukeko
hellomyfriend
43 posters
Go down
Chloue
Turning white clouds grey

Dear Jemaine and Bret, - Page 11 Empty Re: Dear Jemaine and Bret,

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:32 pm
unabridged0 wrote:Yes, my dad and brother both play guitar so they helped me when I needed it, but mostly I taught myself with the help of the Internet. With the ukulele I taught myself entirely. :;
D:
ALRIGHT THEN I have things to do eh! :#cheer#:
but my ukulele isn't the regular one so it's harder to find proper chords/tabs/whatever. I need to buy a regular one.
what can you play?
unabridged0
There's nothin' wrong

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:44 pm
Chloue wrote:
unabridged0 wrote:Yes, my dad and brother both play guitar so they helped me when I needed it, but mostly I taught myself with the help of the Internet. With the ukulele I taught myself entirely. :;
D:
ALRIGHT THEN I have things to do eh! :#cheer#:
but my ukulele isn't the regular one so it's harder to find proper chords/tabs/whatever. I need to buy a regular one.
what can you play?
I'm at the point now where I can play just about anything with enough practice. I have faith in you! :#thumbsup#: Practice practice practice!
sargifster
Tech Admin

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm
unabridged0 wrote:Dear Jemaine and Bret,

For my 100th post I thought I would finally write one of these. I tend to be pretty reserved, but I'm just going to lay it all out here because I love you guys. You've changed my life this past year. If it weren't for that August night last year, when I stayed up way too late, and watched your One Night Stand special, my life would be a lot different today.

For one, you finally gave me a reason to pick up the guitar that sat for two years in the corner of my room. Because I was not going to rest until I learned Albi the Racist Dragon (which is still to this day my favorite of all your songs).

Learning the guitar lead to learning the ukulele, which has in turn become one of my favorite things of all time. It has become my stress-reliever and my time-waster. I love it more than the Internet.

You've given me motivation and things to look forward to. You've given me some amazing movies and a brilliant TV show. But most of all you've given me some of the most fantastically entertaining music, which will never cease to bring me out of a bad mood or give me new things to laugh about.

Thank you.

-Lydia

:#heart#: :#heart#: :#heart#:

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

Lovely words. :#love3#:

Playing guitar / uke is great, huh? :#excited#: :#rockout#:

(Chloe - if you need more help on playing guitar/uke, feel free to post in the 'In Muso Terms' section and one of us who play the guitar/uke will help you, I'm sure.)
unabridged0
There's nothin' wrong

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:00 pm
sargifster wrote:

:#heart#: :#heart#: :#heart#:

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

Lovely words. :#love3#:

Playing guitar / uke is great, huh? :#excited#: :#rockout#:
It's my favorite. :#love3#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:15 pm
sargifster wrote:(Chloe - if you need more help on playing guitar/uke, feel free to post in the 'In Muso Terms' section and one of us who play the guitar/uke will help you, I'm sure.)
I'd also like to encourage anyone who plays guitar or uke to post in the 'In Muso Terms' section about playing or getting help. That's part of the reason that we created that section, just no one has ever taken advantage of it like that before. I think there are a lot more players here than we know of and who knows, maybe one day we could have our own orchestra. :;
D:
Chloue
Turning white clouds grey

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:19 pm
Amily wrote:I think there are a lot more players here than we know of and who knows, maybe one day we could have our own orchestra. :;
D:
The International Flight-Of-The-Conchords-Message-Board Ukulele (and other instruments) Orchestra :#happyyes#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:46 pm
Chloue wrote:
Amily wrote:I think there are a lot more players here than we know of and who knows, maybe one day we could have our own orchestra. :;
D:
The International Flight-Of-The-Conchords-Message-Board Ukulele (and other instruments) Orchestra :#happyyes#:

:#twitch#:

Can we please just make this happen? I have no other pursuits at the moment. :#lol#:

I can't play instruments though. Can I just dance? :#shrug#:
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 pm
Chloue wrote:
D:
A few of us were talking about this awhile ago (I think in the sb or at a meetup or something). We were thinking it could be the Flighty/FOTCmb Ukelele Club, or F.U.C. :#haha#:

I really want to play uke, but still don't have an instrument! My main thing is I have to practice viola a lot because that's "
what I do"
. Razz

But yeah, I'm with Courtney...we should get this going! Maybe it'll be a good kick in the pants for some of us who need it... :#buttkick#:

Dear Bret and Jemaine,

Just doing my part to get your thread back on track. :#lol#: But see how inspiring you guys are?? :#love3#:

:#bret#: :#blowkiss#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#:

:#heart#: Jessica
luckym
My shadow played a bass clarinet

Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:53 am
onlyalways wrote:
Chloue wrote:
D:

Can we please just make this happen? I have no other pursuits at the moment. :#lol#:

Yeah, this totally needs to happen. :#happyyes#:

Anyone who doesn't have an instrument can still join- I'm sure F.U.C. will have plenty of dancing and clapping positions that need to be filled. :;
D:

Dear Bret and Jemaine,

:#iheartu#:

:#heart#: Sara
unabridged0
There's nothin' wrong

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:22 am
Chloue wrote:
D:
I love this idea! :#excited#: I'm totally in! :#buttrock#:
ajt267
Beneath a willow tree

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 am
onlyalways wrote:
Chloue wrote:
D:

I can't dance but give me some music sheets and I'll try remember how you play a recorder XD Or a double bass? (I don't have a double bass anymore but I could [s:21u4anfc]probably[/s:21u4anfc] maybe still play one)

If I get a guitar one day (I'm still begging for one) I'll be sure to check out the In Muso Terms to learn all the songs XD

Just wanna say, I'd be totally up for the F.U.C. Idea :#lol#:
emira
emira

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:15 am
:#wave#:

I can play on a can or air guitar or tuba, but without a tuba. You see how talented I am? :;
D:

Always :#heart#:

S.
laura
Dr. Flighty

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:18 pm
I'm willing to be one of the F.U.C.ers too! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:

I'm pretty sure I was there when [s:bvuen5ee]we[/s:bvuen5ee] jessica came up with the name :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#lol#:

(based on this --->
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/smutukulele)

also - i play stylophone :#aziz#: and tin whistle :#lol#:
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:42 pm
laura wrote:I'm willing to be one of the F.U.C.ers too! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:

I'm pretty sure I was there when [s:3jrhrzdz]we[/s:3jrhrzdz] jessica came up with the name :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#lol#:

(based on this --->
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/smutukulele)

also - i play stylophone :#aziz#: and tin whistle :#lol#:
Yes, I was going to mention SMUT! :#lol#: :#love3#:

Yeah, F.U.C.ers! :#buttrock#:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum