Go down
emira
emira

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Empty Re: Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar

Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm
Amily wrote:Also, if no one else wants to I'll do Salt Lake City when I get home from work tonight. Smile

Thank you! :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#notworthy#:

I think I should move on with the Calendar, just to keep up with the dates and make my posts about the missed shows when I finally find my time, because it seems like I don't know where it is :#sadd#:

Thanks again! :#excited2#: :#cheer#: :#excited2#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Empty Re: Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar

Wed May 18, 2011 2:46 am
[align=center:39j7mlme][size=150:39j7mlme]May 17th, 2009

Salt Lake City, UT

Lots of Flighties at this one again. :#grouphug#: [/align:39j7mlme]

hellomyfriend wrote:[align=center:39j7mlme][size=150:39j7mlme]PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

[size=133:39j7mlme]let them play

[size=200:39j7mlme]Sexy Flower

If I put the flower on stage, maybe they will!!!

I better buy batteries.[/align:39j7mlme]

This was the plan...:#evilgrin#:

@katiuccia This is Ami's and my view!

:#excited2#:

sheila wrote:okay so steph called me and said "
just listen"

in the background i hear the guys talking to our flighties saying thank you and i thought i heard jem say something like "
that must have taken a really long time"
then i heard one of our peeps say "
wait, there is another one..."

and then there was some screaming/cheering...

then they started playing "
most beautiful girl"

so anyway, what i got out of this whole thing was that the guys got their "
sexy flowers"
gift from our flighties
i think i think

:#happyyes#: :#thumbsup#:

sheila wrote:
@katiuccia The dancing flowers were brought onstage and stayed on top of the bongos all night.
we have flower confirmation folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3541828266_bca9f4dac9_b_d.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3548314183_ecf2a15022_b.jpg

The sexy flowers definitely had the best seats in the house! :#lol#: :#excited2#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2yo757l.jpg
(photo by Stephanie)

step0nmi wrote: :#wave#: I was the participant in getting Nikki to put the sexy flower on stage :;
): they were doing some banter and it was perfect timing!!! I was shaking so badly and laughing cuz Jemaine came to get the flower right in front of me and nikki. (sorry for calling you sheila and sounding like an incoherant nerd) I just couldn't belive it. from MY perspective it seemed like Jemaine wanted to do the song...but then they did Beautiful girl to make the flowers dance...Jemaine said "
we're gonna play Beautiful Girl because the flowers dance so sultry"
:#lol#: :#cloud9#:

... Nigel ALSO loved the flowers :#love3#: he thought they were pretty and when Jemaine asked if he should move then Nigel said "
no, I like them them there"
:#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#:

hellomyfriend wrote:All I'll say: I'm happy I put the flowers onstage, and I will always be grateful that the guys let them dance through "
The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room"
and "
Bus Driver's Song."
I can still see them wiggling around in my imagination.

gezyka wrote:After the second song (Hurt Feelings), Nikki put one of the flowers on the edge of the stage while Bret and Jemaine were talking professionally. :;
): They noticed right away and Jemaine walked over and got it! :#squee#: Nikki put the other flower on the stage after they said something about getting more flowers. They seemed to enjoy this, and it sounded like Jemaine was thinking they should play Sexy Flower, but then Bret didn’t seem to want to. Sad Jemaine put them on the bongos, and then they played Most Beautiful Girl with the flowers dancing. Jemaine turned them off afterwards to save batteries. :#heart#:

How it all went down. :#stirthepot#:

:#bret#: : "
You have another one as well? You crazies!"
:#lol#: :#love3#:

Yep! :#thumbsup#:

sheila wrote:
@katiuccia They didn't play sexy flower, but Bret 'beckoned' Jess A and Jess Z. XD

The girls being beckoned. :;
D:

gezyka wrote:And actually, he also "
beckoned"
Laura. She was too shy to accept.

I was also shy, but grabbed Bret's hand...the stage was really high though, and I was too nervous to try to attempt to get up on it, so some fellow Flighties grabbed my legs and tried to push me up there. uhhhhhhhhh........thanks?? HAHAHA It wasn't successful, so that's when he went to Laura, and then Jess Z. saved the day and Bret's joke.

Some pics from the show:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3545109808_c0fed124f2_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3544301693_a7f939f156_b.jpg

I was sitting right next to the girl who took this pic. :#shakefist#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_3533.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 20qcp37.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2iv1h60.jpg

From Steph:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3550941165_38862834df_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3550936903_8cc6284ec4_o.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3552224496_af57ef711c_o.jpg

:#lol#: :#bret#: :#blowkiss#:

gezyka wrote:They then talked about how poorly the hall was laid out because anyone sitting in the middle of a row would have a really hard time getting up to go to the bathroom. Jemaine made water sounds and poured water on the stage to tease people who “were bustin’”. He also said they were having a water drinking competition and that he was winning. :#haha#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3551414713_9aafd0fafc_o.jpg

Some highlights for me...

From Stephanie. Smile

After waiting in line to buy merch and before heading outside to wait for the guys we ALL got to meet Arj! He was so sweet! It was actually his idea to take the group photo and he was pretty determined too! :#lol#: :#love3#: I feel like he went out of his way by leaving his merch table and other fans to do this with us. :#love3#: :#arj#: :#blowkiss#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 35knbdc.jpg
(horrible exposure, I know Sad If anyone wants me to remove this pic I am happy to do so. :#lol#: Razz )

And there was a meet and greet! :#excited#:

sheila wrote:text just now from steph

they got the quilts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The [url=quilts][/url]. :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

sheila wrote:
@katiuccia Bret didn't come out but Jemaine promised to deliver his. He said it was beautiful. We filmed it. <

amily wrote:As for the presentation of the quilts.... it was so 'ucking epic!!! I think he was genuinely touched by them. I should also tell you guys that the first square he noticed on his was Sara's boobie one... I believe he said "
ohhh boobies!"
or something along those lines. :#rofl#: :#love3#:

Second he noticed Chloe's. The omnichord is what caught his eye, after that he thoroughly examined the whole square. It was so cute. :#love3#:

He looked it all over, for quite awhile. I was lucky enough to hold one of the top corners while this was going on. :;
D:

gezyka wrote:Jemaine came out ( :#squee#: ), but Bret didn’t. ( :#sadlove#: ) The first thing he did was come out around the fence. :#jem#: :#blowkiss#: He picked up a guy who I think was taller than him, and it was so cute and funny! It was so great seeing him interact with the crowd. I had never met either of them before, so I’ve really only seen pictures of this. He seemed really happy and friendly, and I was too hungry and tired to be nervous. When he got over to us, we showed him the quilt. He really liked it!! He seemed genuinely impressed and appreciative. :#love3#: He asked, “Do you want me to give this to Bret, or…” and I said that that would be great, but now I wonder what he would have said if I said, “or…?” Probably just wanted to know if we wanted to give it to him at another show. I asked if he wanted to see it, but he said that he’d see it when he showed it to Bret.

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Mqc7l.jpgDeath from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Vr68n5.jpg

:#love3#: :#jem#: :#love3#:

Amily wrote:I met Jemaine.................... :#ded#:

:#happyyes#: For the first time! :#excited2#: Still :#ded#: when I think about it! :#wah#: It was such a wonderful experience. Jem is the greatest! :#love3#: :#fit#: :#love3#:

gezyka wrote:Meet and Greet: He picked up a guy who I think was taller than him, and it was so cute and funny! It was so great seeing him interact with the crowd. I had never met either of them before, so I’ve really only seen pictures of this.

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Jacniu.png

:;
D: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

:#thud#: :#thud#: :#thud#: T'was probably THEE best night of my life because of B &
J but also because of the company I was in. MAH FLIGHTIES!!! :#love3#: It was soooooooo much fun as FOTC adventures always are! I'm not sure anything will ever top SLC though. :#happyno#: :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#:

Also... I can't believe how long this post is! :#haha#: :#shy#: I just couldn't help it though! There was way too much goodness to leave anything out. :#love3#: :#cloud9#:

ADD:
I forgot the poster and it's one of my favourites from '09! :#loveeyes#: :#love3#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 R9h1g1.jpg
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 pm
AMI YOUR POSTS. :#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: I love reading/hearing about Denver &
SLC. Had to be so epic. :#cloud9#:
emira
emira

Thu May 19, 2011 2:30 pm
No one could write about it better than someone who was there. :#heart#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu May 19, 2011 11:56 pm
[align=center:c06gkp23][size=150:c06gkp23]May 19th, 2009

Phoenix, AZ

Haley (
dontlookback)
and Nikki (
hellomyfriend)
both in attendance. :#love3#: [/align:c06gkp23]

The poster, one of my favourites from ''09. Smile

[align=center:c06gkp23]Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2rqczs4.jpg[/align:c06gkp23]

dontlookback wrote:The setlist (give or take :#rasp#: ) was:
Too Many Dicks
Hurt Feelings
Stana
Most Beautiful Girl
I told you I was Freekie
Jenny
I'm Not Crying
Mutha 'Uckas
Hiphopopotamus Vs. the Rhymenocerous
Freebird ( :#banghead#: )
Think About It
Carol Brown
Foux Du Fafa
I Love Dogs with Epilepsy
We're Both in Love with a Sexy Lady
Sugalumps
(and somewhere in there they did When Doves Cry :#haha#: )

Encore:
Business Time
Bowie

dontlookback wrote:After Stana Nikki and I had these signs that said
Molest Me [s:c06gkp23]Jemaine[/s:c06gkp23] Anast &
Molest Me [s:c06gkp23]Bret[/s:c06gkp23] Stana
and they were bantering about some banner (someone said 'What does the banner say?'
And they were like "
There is no banner ???"
and Nikki and I held up our signs then,it was good timing :#haha#: And they were both like "
Wow,that was fast,we just played that song!"
and they laughed about it (Aw,Jemaine's laugh :#blowkiss#: ) and I think Bret said "
Yeah,while people are in the audience at our shows between songs they like to draw things"
:#rofl#:
It was kind of embarassing (Nik made me do it :#lol#: ) but it was really funny.

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

dontlookback wrote:Someone yelled out "
TAKE IT OFF!"
and Jemaine joked about 'I don't know how you bought tickets to a comedy show and expected that stripping would be part of the show...I could put a jacket on and then strip it off? So Bret and Jemaine called to Matt the sound guy to get them some jackets (Jemaine was describing exactly where his was :#haha#: 'Bottom bunk,lefthand side of the closet')
- Most Beautiful Girl was lovely. Jemaine was really into it (Actually,Jemaine was REALLY on tonight...even Nik said so. He was really into everything and laughing and doing little dances and it seemed like he was having a really good time. :#inlove#: )
- While they banter after Most Beautiful Girl here comes Matt with three jackets :#rofl#:
You can see the awesomeness that ensued then:

[size=125:c06gkp23][url=Another stripping video][/url]. :#evilgrin#:

dontlookback wrote:... someone shouted Freebird (I have yet to hunt that person down... :#banghead#: )
But Freebird was hilarious and awesome anyway:

dontlookback wrote:- Someone shouted out 'I love epileptic dogs!' and Bret played it,he forgot some words and was like "
I've already said that..."
and Jemaine was just laughing :#haha#: The 'remix' part was awesome,with strobe lights and all.

dontlookback wrote:
After Sugalumps Bret threw his guitar pick and Nikki caught it! :#excited#: :#clap#:

Some pics:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Flight-of-the-conchords-at-dodge-theater.3404892.36.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Flight-of-the-conchords-at-dodge-theater.3404901.36.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Flight-of-the-conchords-at-dodge-theater.3404915.36.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Flight-of-the-conchords-at-dodge-theater.3404916.36.jpg
:#lol#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Flight-of-the-conchords-at-dodge-theater.3404919.36.jpg

[align=center:c06gkp23]:#inlove#: :#inlove#: :#inlove#: [/align:c06gkp23]

I really wanted to include the Doves Cry video but sadly it has been removed from YT. :'( Oh and no meet and greet after this show.
emira
emira

Sat May 21, 2011 5:24 am
Amily wrote:The poster, one of my favourites from ''09. Smile

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2rqczs4.jpg

:#love3#: :#dance#: :#dance#: :#love3#:

[size=125:29sigkc5][url=Another stripping video][/url]. :#evilgrin#:

:#ded#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Flight-of-the-conchords-at-dodge-theater.3404916.36.jpg
:#lol#: :#jem#: :#blowkiss#:

:#lol#:

I really wanted to include the Doves Cry video but sadly it has been removed from YT. :'( Oh and no meet and greet after this show.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :#sadd#:
emira
emira

Sat May 21, 2011 5:48 am
21st May was planned for freestyling, so you can post anything about Amoeba show, Masterton or whatever you'd like.

I'll start with the 2010 surprise gig at the Fringe in Welly

BASS UKE!!!! :#inlove#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3569417.jpg

[flash=350,287:fg22n0yd]http:
//www.
youtube.
com/v/62jQc5-AqbM&
hl=en&
fs=1[/flash:fg22n0yd]

//www.
youtube.
com/v/-inZQcisTGg&
hl=en&

//www.
youtube.
com/v/0ERAjJpS3rM&
hl=en&

and then I'll probably continue with posting about belated shows :#shy#:
emira
emira

Sat May 21, 2011 7:06 pm
Two Toronto shows from 2009.

Not counting the infamous gig with one audience member and [url=Just For Laughs on TV][/url], the Toronto were the first FOTC Canadian shows! :#aziz#:

[size=150:1x75d4ot]Toronto (04.21) - two years and one month ago Razz

Too Many Dicks (on the Dance Floor), taken from the TV series. Shrieks of recognition began two notes in. Jemaine instantly endeared himself by claiming the song was inspired by a real-life experience that took place in a Vancouver disco.

"
Canada, Shush. Youve got a reputation of being polite which you are not really upholding!"
- Jemaine Clement.
zombie wrote:There wasn't really a great deal of heckling that I noticed. For the most part they couldn't make out what the people on the upper levels were even saying (Jemaine mentioned that we had CRAAAAZY accents). The biggest problem I noticed was an American girl in the front row. At one point they were saying how they had been in America for a month, so they were quite arrogant (which of course got a reaction from us) and the girl in front started yelling about being American, etc. They thought she said 'I'm American, ''uck you!' but that wasn't it.
When the audience was brought in to assist on the chorus of one song, Jemaine purred, "
You can tell we're in the land of Celine Dion."

Then she held her sign up, saying she loved them or whatever and Jemaine said something about there being 'a lot of emotions right now'. Eventually later on in the show he told her to 'Shut up, lady!' and everyone cheered. He then pointed out into the audience and said 'You were all thinking it!' Bret then put on his best audience member voice and goes 'She's ruining the concert for EVERYBODY!'

I was in the second row on the right side and there was a lady and I think her husband and a friend sitting in front of me, and she kept throwing things on the stage at them. Two toothbrushes during 'Business Time' (which Jemaine mentioned while singing was very distracting), a monkey during 'Think About It', jelly beans during 'Albi' (Bret got up and picked one up off of the ground, everyone sort of reacted and then he just cheekily popped it in his mouth/pretended to be poisoned), and finally during Bowie she tossed up an eye patch. Jemaine saw what it was instantly and said 'Well put it on, then.' When he didn't Jemaine told us all to 'turn around' so he could. He ended up waiting for the song to change to just before the 'Bowie to Bowie' part and slipped it on with his back turned and everyone loved it.
[...]
they played Foux Du Fafa (people were looking around, clearly impressed by their improvised French skills at the very beginning) and Bret made Jemaine crack up and have to stop singing with his lady voice during that one.

A few times they went quiet between the songs. Security was really strict about cameras and at one point one of the guards was in front row telling someone to put their camera down and Bret said 'Some shii is going down right now with security!' and Jemaine said 'Don't take their picture, or -' He pretended to break his own neck. 'They're very self conscious about the way they look!' The guard stopped and sort of walked away to the back of the venue, never to be seen by me again.

:#lol#: :#lol#: :#lol#:

Some other heckles were... someone said New Zealander's were all unhygienic. Then the guy said something that Jemaine thought was 'Should I jump down there?' (From the balcony) and Jemaine said, 'Yes, sir. Just jump down .... come over here and wash us. All we need is a bar of soap and a good half hour.'

Heckler, defending T.O.'s reputation: "
We're good and bad!"
Jemaine, mishearing: "
You're going to bed?"
Another heckle from the top shelf was 'I'm going to bed' which Jemaine was amused by, saying it was 'the saddest heckle ever!' He milked it a little going, 'See you later, guys. I'm just gonna go home and go to bed..'

[...]

I met Eugene and got him to sign one of the postcards he hands out (which we are all supposed to send to Delta Airlines) It's really funny and I'll scan it when I get home if anyone is interested. He waits around at the merch table after the show, and is a really nice man.

Photos:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Flightoftheconchord06.jpg

mistysquarepants wrote:if you thought the shoes are hot...

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Flightoftheconchord04.jpg

check out the cute socks hes wearing with them.. I love this man!! :#inlove#:

[size=150:1x75d4ot]B
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3466989029_f2f5cba6df_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3467803966_811589da39_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3467822316_75e8f938e2_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3465346547_12db41b2cc_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3465379267_bdac33b3f3_b.jpg
emira
emira

Sun May 22, 2011 3:36 pm
[size=150:15sbpw4i]22nd May

2009: Santa Barbara

or rather
tanfastic wrote:Don't you mean the SANTA BRAHBRAH show?

Sara 'luckym', tanfastic were present :#cheer#:
and Pierce Brosnan with his family :#excited#:

Venus wrote:
tanfastic wrote:Somebody needs to post Arj's twitter picture from backstage dressing rooms, "
Star # 3"
. Hilarious. (It would take me a few hours to do that)

Haha love that pic:
Arj's tweet:

[size=100:15sbpw4i]Wow that was pretty sweet! Killer crowd at the SB bowl Smile ) but just in case I get cocky and forget my place

[url=Source][/url]
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2507z8h.jpg
:#haha#: :#lol#:

dontlookback wrote:
Venus wrote:Aww someone just threw Bret a blanket on stage, it must be chilly there now. Where's the quilt when he needs it? :;
): :
Aw,that's cute :#love3#:
Jemaine - Go tell Matt to get the quilt for you. :#fit#: :#haha#:
tanfastic wrote:Bret said someting to the effect of Hello Santa Brah Brah. Early on it became frickin freezing there and Bret kept rubbing his hands together. They said they had no idea it would be so cold there, thought it would be warm like in the soap Santa Barbara, plus there would be lots of affairs. A gal walked up with a blanket for Bret (as per post above) and he put it around his shoulders. Jem said Bret was more cold than he cause Jem had a sweater. They held on to tea cups (rather coffee mugs w/tea) to heat up their hands. Probably helped their vocal chords too, that dang moist ocean air.
[...]
At one point, Jem was talking about how cold it was, and how the audience must be cold. He pointed to a guy in a t shirt and said "
HE must be really cold."
Then he took Bret's blankie (which had fallen off Bret's shoulders by then) and gave it to the guy in the audience.
soap opera (after the song)

the blanket

The crowd was enthusiastic but polite. Sadly, I think it was Jem who pointed out there were kids in the audience, so they toned down the rap about being in a band and getting blow jobs. But they still didn't totally clean up the act thank God!
[...]
Someone threw a tea bag on stage towards Bret -- !! -- he said that was actually very nice, but it is customary for them to get panties thrown on the stage. He did get hot water for the tea and said we'd have to wait 3-4 minutes for it to be ready so let's do a song. Later Jem did say something about Santa Brahbrah too.
tanfastic wrote:When the Hiphopopotamus said he made all of the ladies in the first five rows pregnant, he added in his sheepish apologetic Jem voice something like "
but I will return to make child support payments."
luckym wrote:I got to the venue early and had to wait in line in a tiny parking lot. While we were waiting there a car drove right by us (really slowly) and Bret was in the passenger's seat! He was watching the people in line/putting on his seat belt. I don't think anyone else was paying attention, but I was just like :#excited#: . I didn't think watching someone put on their seat belt could be so entertaining.
[...]
They also played a bit of "
How Bizarre"
. They said it's New Zealand's national anthem and that it makes athletes not want to try very hard. :#rofl#:

At one point someone threw a tea bag onto the stage and Bret thought it was a condom at first. Jemaine said he thought a tea bag was just as good.

Bret needed stop to have a little tea between songs and I guess someone near the front shouted "
suck it up."
So of course they both made fun of the guy for a while. When they were done Bret just glared and said "
Yeah, 'uck you."
:#bret#: :#blowkiss#:

Tanfastic is right, there was a part where they seemed to be toning things down because they knew there were kids in the audience. But then later in the show Jemaine did the "
we get more crafts than hand jobs"
joke and he kind of blushed and said "
sorry, sensitive audience."
:#haha#: :#love3#:

Sugalumps was interesting because when they got up to start dancing their microphone cords got all tangled. Jemaine was able to untangle his within a couple seconds, but Bret was caught up for quite a while. A guy even had to run onstage and help him get his cord free so he could go dance with Jemaine. When he was finally free he jumped off the stage and a TON of girls ran out of their seats to crowd around him. He jumped back onto the stage almost right away, but they all just sort of stayed standing there in front of the stage for the rest of the show.

There was no meet and greet. :'( Security was making people leave really quickly after the show. But I got to meet Arj! He signed my poster and I got a picture with him! :#aziz#:
In between songs, they also joked about their fantasy of a being a successful band on tour versus their reality.

The fantasy: female fans throw sexy lingerie on stage. Their reality: at Friday’s performance, female fans tossed a blanket and tea bags on stage (it was a bit cold at the outdoor Santa Barbara venue).

“Just for future reference … it’s panties, not blankets,” Clement said to the females in the crowd.

Business Time with Matt playing on drums :#love3#: This song is soooo good with drums AND cello. :#love3#:

And some photos (not many there)

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 23v0n49.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2yuyrnc.jpg

[size=100:15sbpw4i]Somehow we got to withness an award ceremony after the show where the duo was given medals and this Puss in Boots cardboard cut out. They were touched.
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Sbfotc.jpg
[size=100:15sbpw4i]Bret was surprisingly tall. And awesome. Hudd, Amelia, Kenny, and I were enjoying a very late dinner after this, and Bret walked in with some crew members. He saw us first and beelined straight to our table to chat and to eat Kenny's fries. I love him, I think.
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Sbbret2.jpg
[size=100:15sbpw4i]Jemaine was sweet, too. Kinda shy, but nice.
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Sbjem2.jpg
[size=100:15sbpw4i]Again...it was marvelous. And Bret, you may have just been being nice, but next time we go to New Zealand, we will totally take you up on your offer to stay with you. I'm not joking.
emira
emira

Sun May 22, 2011 4:40 pm
[size=150:1f4mwotd]2010: Oslo, Norway

Amanda was there Smile

Matt gave her a cheat sheet for the Korean karaoke :#excited#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4642631714_d9e77190f0_b.jpg

Bret going through someone’s bag for a camera :#rofl#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Oslobret.jpg

:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#:

Partying with fans (?)

squidhat wrote:from [url=this girls][/url] twitter

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4qonll.jpg

[size=100:1f4mwotd]Me and Bret from Flight of the Conchords after the show! MAN OH MAN he's awesome! #FOTC

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 16h3dk7.jpg

[size=100:1f4mwotd]Me and Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords backstage after their gig, which was AWESOME btw! Such a nice guy!

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 15alb7.jpg

[size=100:1f4mwotd]Me and Arj after the show. Lovely guy, cute too! I look like a giant..Stupid high heels! #FOTC

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 1g8ro.jpg

[size=100:1f4mwotd]We took Arj and Jemaine to a placed called Verkstedet in Oslo. Flight of the Conchords!

Some of Amanda's photos:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4643287922_8431d052dd_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4643291386_f0dac27c9c_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4643297892_462068f710_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4643303042_ab724d3868_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4643310964_d881fcb95e_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4642700959_91e002cc60_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4643315318_a52b901b7c_z.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4643317636_e188ce2eac_b.jpg
emira
emira

Mon May 23, 2011 10:42 am
[size=150:h8fsgrhd]22nd April

the Toronto second show

Guy goes to the bathroom #Conchords stop show till he comes back ROFL.
2. when the guys noticed someone was missing from their seat, they “paused the show” until he came back. for real. they told the audience to wait until he was just about to sit down before everyone was to shout “no, no, no! don’t sit there!” pretty hilar.
6. (let’s consider this a bonus, since i’ve already maxed out my five reasons) for the encore they came out wearing tacky red “canada” trucker hats. perfect.
Demon Woman

CoreyVidal just talked to Jemaine, who has SEEN my 'Friends' video! And I recorded it for proof. :#aziz#:

Tons of awesome photos from this show and meet and greet :#inlove#: I couldn't find the black and white photo of Jemaine wearing his trucker hat, looking down and you can't see his face. I think you know which photo I have on my mind. Smile

[url=http:
//www.
flickr.
com/photos/kimyokota/sets/72157620558404869/:h8fsgrhd]Oh! And Kim Yokota's photos from the day before[/url:h8fsgrhd] :#ded#: :#cloud9#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Dscf2095.jpg
Deciding on the next song.

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3467903954_3f9c299fcb_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3467909594_94eb76fb77_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3467102279_50b827802f_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3466828853_d53cb3835f_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Sx11z6.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 6414989-cf3bb21da9379e8d8f9157f6b7b.png

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2lmum48.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 86173959.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3468434145_4706c7f86f_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3468435275_8109cf5234_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3469244482_794131a025_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3469777960_c1ec9eeb6c_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3518510252_3892f852a4_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3518512360_8d77f27c6e_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3467115973_4b5e65055a_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3467922076_ebc2a3c5b0_b.jpg
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon May 23, 2011 10:56 am
[align=center:2cbjdwyf][size=200:2cbjdwyf]May 23rd, 2010

Las Vegas NV

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 The%20Joint%203.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 5_23_09_concords_b_kabik-83-570.jpg[/align:2cbjdwyf]

[size=100:2cbjdwyf]arjbarker RT @sheilajb: @arjbarker flighties in the house tonight! Save some lovin' for us! A: oh yeah! Will u guys help me give out postcards after?

From Sheila's recap later on:
sheila wrote:i left after sugalumps to go help arj hand out cards and promote himself #dance like i had told him i would earlier that day! a flighty never breaks a promise :;
D: he told me several times i was a savior and he remembered my name from earlier that day... not that it takes a rocket scientist to do that but... :#arj#: :#haha#:

when i was handing out cards, a lot of people were telling me that they really enjoyed his set!
so after that, arj gave me a free cd and signed it "
you're a savior"

:#cheer#: :#angel#: :#cheer#:

gezyka wrote:
[size=100:2cbjdwyf]... Cheech &
Chong
, checking out the Flight of the Conchords' sold-out show in The Joint ( Hard Rock Hotel) after their show Saturday at the Palms. ...
Source:

hahahaha, seriously??

shianne517 wrote:Ok, I had to post this before I went to bed. It's Freebird (shut up Haley)

I missed the first line of the song, but here you go:

[flash=350,287:2cbjdwyf]http:
//www.
youtube.
com/v/YOOTTz2XlVE&
hl=en&
fs=1[/flash:2cbjdwyf]

[align=center:2cbjdwyf]Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 5_23_09_concords_b_kabik-11-570.jpg[/align:2cbjdwyf]

Little did I know I would be barging on a flighty meetup that night. :#rasp#: :#cloud9#:

onlyalways wrote:First I got to meet Sheila, Lau-REN :#rasp#: , and Sara and you guys are amazing and had to be the friendliest people there tonight!! [s:2cbjdwyf]With out[/s:2cbjdwyf] Without you guys I probably wouldn't have met all the guys!! (YEA!!!!! :;
D: :;
D: )

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2032349500059780800S500x500Q85.jpg

[size=75:2cbjdwyf]Oh god, reading this old recap was cringe-worthy for me... I took on some necessary corrections:

onlyalways wrote:Poster is AMAZING, very much like the style of the [s:2cbjdwyf]What the folk[/s:2cbjdwyf] Folk the World tour album, with so many references and even nigel and arj are on it!!

There was MUCH confusion with the staff and tickets and omg it was pretty [s:2cbjdwyf]unoganized[/s:2cbjdwyf] unorganized and lil' rude and pretty annoying but everything worked out well i think for the flighties.

Jem introduced Arj using his gentlemen broncos character [s:2cbjdwyf](
sorry the name escapes me)
[/s:2cbjdwyf] RONALD CHEVALIER and it was HILARIOUS!! At one point he announced "
You [s:2cbjdwyf]no[/s:2cbjdwyf] know him from his arj barker special on comedy central.... Comedy Central present arj barker starting Arj Barker..."
Crowd: *laughs and cheers* Jem: "
LIAR! Because it doesn't come out until January!!!"
:#lol#: :#lol#: :#lol#: :#lol#:

Arj came out and was amazing. So much cuter in person and he is pretty hot to start with.

Overall the crowd was pretty behaved for Las Vegas- no hecklers. But I felt like there wasn't a lot of banter, but this was my first show.

Highlights were people throwing I think men's underwear on stage with stuff written on them and the boys looked kind of perturbed. :#lol#: then someone yelled "
Take off your pants"
and they said that this isn't 'Thunder from down under' and that they will be slowly taking off their pants throughout the show but you just won't notice. :#haha#:

It was at Hard Rock's "
The Joint"
and Jemaine kept saying how Rock and Roll this was- "
This is so rock and roll, I feel very rock and roll- they have Jewel's tank top in the hall way, how ROCK AND ROLL IS THAT?!?!"
:;
D: Nice.

sheila wrote:the show was great! not alot of hecklers but they guys didnt really do a whole lot of banter...
i can't remember anything that was particularly different about this show than other ones ive been to other than they mocked how rock and roll jon bon jovi is in a really subtle way! :#rofl#:

[align=center:2cbjdwyf]Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 5_23_09_concords_kabik-179-570.jpg[/align:2cbjdwyf]

More SARA!Videos!:

//www.
youtube.
com/v/TvjjV8vFR_0&
hl=en&

and

//www.
youtube.
com/v/7J9Y6rtL-ik&
hl=en&

shianne517 wrote:I'm so freakin tired right now, but I FINALLY met Jemaine. He was so sweet and generous.

He remembered me from being front row at DC.

I have pictures but I'll get them on tomorrow.

I love you guys!

:#grouphug#:

shianne517 wrote:
gezyka wrote:Dang, he recognized you from the audience?? That is crazy and awesome! So glad you finally got to meet him.

Did you tell him your squares was the one with the boobehs on it???

I told him about my square and he said he liked it. Then I told him that they were originally bare breasts but I had to change them. The he said that he'll just draw them in.

onlyalways wrote:Got to meet arj and get his pic after the show by the merch table- but later I was standing by Sheila who volunteered to pass out fliers so she AND I got a free autographed CD!! I was so grateful and it was so random for me!!

We waited out by the buses for maybe an hour and a half? 2 hours? Arj came out and did more autographs then later jem came out to meet and greet! When he talked to us he was asking sheila about the quilt and he remembered sara from a DC show!! when it came to me I was pretty short with him cause I had no idea what to say and I was so stunned!! I got a pic with him and an autograph, he was very nice and humble. :#happyyes#: :#love3#:

While we were ~oogling~ Jem as he talked to others, a security member and the band manager said that we had to get going cause the crowd will just keep growing cause Vegas people are nosey. To his defense there were about 20 people when Jem came out and it felt like it slowly grew.

So we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. i met up with my mom who I went with to the show and as we were exiting we decided to go back to the buses to see if bret was out, when we got there only 3 people were there and no Jemaine- later I heard he went back on the Bus.

We waited for about 10/15 minutes and I was started to not feel well from the fatigue and EVERYTHING that had happened that day. My mom even said "
You know if we leave, he will be out in 5 min"
so we held out and before long Bret, Nigel, and the band manager came out and Bret came to meet us!! He said he was gambling a bit inside. :#thumbsup#: I got a pic and an autograph and he got my name and was having trouble thinking of something to write, so he put "
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"
:#lol#: I'm glad he was able to write me SOMETHING, poor baby seemed so tired. I told him how I turned 21 recently and this was a b-day present and he wished me a happy birthday! :#love3#:

Bret was so personable and so nice and his hair was so fluffy. :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

I have pics and video of a good 7 songs but I won't post till later in the week.

Too long, didn't read:
The night was AMAZING and meeting Arj, Jem, and Bret was def the highlights and they are just great people!!

Jemaine signing Lauren's poster:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1466.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2008407820059780800S600x600Q85.jpg

sheila wrote:after that we went outside and waited for jemaine for a few hours... i think it was 2am when he finally came out. we talked with him for a while. i asked him about my quilt square and he asked how i got the "
head"
so much like the picture. i told him i traced it and he said something called me a cheater or something like that. he then told sara the he recognized her from the front row at the DC show!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! he knew what city and everything!!!! she mentioned her boobies square. we talked to him a little more and i got myself a hug this time! lauren went to get her poster signed and jem asked her what she would like him to write on it. she didnt say anything for awhile and my loud mouth blurted out "
lauren is awesome! if he were signing my poster i'd have him write sheila is awesome."
so he wrote it and was said "
you're good at that... you know taking someones name and putting it in front of 'is awesome' "
HAHAHAHA :#haha#: :#haha#: :#haha#:
i told him that it came from the "
top of my dome"
(i am such an effin nerd and cant help but crack jokes at any moment possible :-/ )
sara told him that we would see him tomorrow in LA from the front row and then we would be done stalking him... he laughed :#haha#: :#haha#:

anyhow when we were dong we stood around to wait for bret. at that point the tour manager and another guy came out and pretty much demanded that we leave if we had already gotten a pic and an autograph! i was annoyed but i didnt want to mess with anyone and i figured that bret wasnt coming out. so sara, lauren and i left and courtney (onlyalways) went inside to find her mother who was inside gambling. courtneys mother suggested she go back outside to see if bret was out yet... and he came out!!!!!!!!!!!!! courtney called so so so excited and i was so happy for her! he told her the reason it took so long to come out ws b/c he was gambling! :#haha#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1857.JPG

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1852.JPG

TITTY BAR! :#rofl#: :

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3565143727_bf989a05f8.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3565961184_ebdf8dda7b.jpg

Bret and a fan in the casino:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 N1421599354_30439738_4127354.jpg

The T-REX(???) picture! (At least that's what I call it! XD)

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4497_95152611225_679101225_2363211_.jpg

Sara's awesome fan photos!! :#excited#: :

shianne517 wrote:Ok, this is the only photo I have on my hard drive right now from last night.

PICTURE FAIL:
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Picturefail.jpg

I showed it to Jemaine and then I said "
I see your cleavage"
he started taking his shirt and covering up his chest like he felt violated.

Viry cute.

[align=center:2cbjdwyf]#notworthy# :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: [/align:2cbjdwyf]

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1457.jpg

shianne517 wrote:I almost forgot my non-fail Jemaine photo! I have about 18 chins up in thurr.

(taken by Courtney)

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1465.jpg

ADD: I almost forgot to do the surprised face and right after it was taken, he said "
I hope you didn't forget"

How did he know I was an idiot? Hmmm....

Last but not least, the amazing poster by Nic Marshall:

[align=center:2cbjdwyf]Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Qohr4i.jpg

:#loveeyes#: :#loveeyes#: :#loveeyes#: :#loveeyes#: :#loveeyes#: [/align:2cbjdwyf]
emira
emira

Tue May 24, 2011 4:17 pm
[size=150:2m30z4vi]23rd May 2010 - Copenhagen, Denmark

After the tickets had been sold out, they changed the venue to a bigger one :#love3#:

A poster with a Robo-Viking :#lol#: I think it was the first or one of the first posters we saw from all the 2010 posters.

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Kopenhaga.jpg

arjbarker Rockin crowd here in Copenhagen!! And the venue took getting my name wrong to a whole new level! Smile ) http://twitpic.com/1qffhf
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 104856099.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306268909&Signature=1mQuOqYGy%2BlITIQmv38mz2MiTig%3D

They started the show with Robots

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4638280667_9ef61dd1d3_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4638281965_f42751f59f_b.jpg

Throughout the concert Bret and Jemaine told intentionally tame stories from their rock’n roll experiences on the road: Like that one time when Bret took one of Jemaine’s hay fever pills (“And I didn’t have hay fever!”) and got a little drowsy.

the Lift banter

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4633345491_f63d69318c_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4633943012_f04b611cd4_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4633346747_91b54fbd5f_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4633947062_74075d4b26_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4638287395_f3dc9009cd_b.jpg

Taking a photo of both Nigel and Matt’s sugalumps

Red wrote:I just found out that the girl who's camera is taken by Bret is Amanda. The same girl that got the great Sugalumps video in Oslo! She's on a Sugalumps roll this week!

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4638288233_e9827c73a3_o.jpg

Amanda's camera

:#rofl#: :#ded#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4638898086_4d4b2941e8_b.jpg

Demon Woman :#drool#: :#rofl#: :#drool#: :#rofl#:

Shame we can't see what Bret did that made Matt come on stage to fix it :#lol#:

First time played I Like To Rock the Party :#excited2#:

Too Many Dicks wasn't as the gig opener and was performed without their robot heads

onlyalways wrote:
drunkagain wrote:Too Many Dicks

Is this the first time they've done it without their robot heads?

[flash=350,287:2m30z4vi]http:
//www.
youtube.
com/v/UV9vgE5LD0g&
hl=en&
fs=1[/flash:2m30z4vi]

:#jem#: :#bret#: :#blowkiss#:

Wow. :#buttrock#: :#buttrock#: :#buttrock#: :#buttrock#:

I HAD to make a gif... spoiler tag ONLY because I don't want to cause headaches and/or seizures. :#haha#:

Spoiler:

ADD: Was Arj suppose to come out for his part?? They kinda screwed up and Jemaine looks like he is looking for someone...

after the show
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Nc8.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4633336791_53d836662e_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4633935166_22d5690c31_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4642632666_ede807c747_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4633338701_5a7621ea81_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 4653927588_6d1cd2d153_b.jpg
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Tue May 24, 2011 9:21 pm
Just gotta say that I LOVE Amanda's pics! The colour is so vibrant! :#loveeyes#: I should ask her what kind of camera she has. :;
D:

Coco, thanks for the Vegas post! :#glomp#: I love reading the recaps from that one... baby Coco! :#love3#: All learned in the ways of the Conchords now. :;
D: Razz Also, I can't ever get enough of Sheila and Sara's recaps from any show they went to. :#lol#: Love those girls so much and miss them around here!
emira
emira

Sat May 28, 2011 5:31 pm
I want to apologize for not posting recently. I got stuck at the 2009 LA show, because a lot of things happened that night and it's hard to embrace them and put together in one post. Nevertheless, I'm working on it. :#love3#:
emira
emira

Sun May 29, 2011 11:49 am
[size=150:2c5da7xf]24th May 2009

[size=200:2c5da7xf]LA part 1

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 28kiq6u.jpg

Jemaine introducing Eugene

skillzclemaine wrote:i didn't get to stay after the show because my mom and dad wanted to beat traffic and pick me and my boyfriend up early. buuuut they dropped us off there early. we were waiting in front of one of the gates and out comes a barefoot nigel with a camera! he was taking a picture of the box office sign that said greek theater i think. i was like omfg i don't know if that's him but it had to be with the hair (it was haha) so i snuck a couple pictures with my phone. he was literally a foot away from me :#squee#:

but then he tried to walk back into the gate and some lady was like you can't come in here, i don't know who you are. i felt horrible but i didn't have the balls to say "
hi, aren't you nigel?! lady, let him in!!"
they were both getting all upset so i was scared. i was like c'mon, the accent! but yeah. i saw him up close :#wave#:

from Arj's set

sheila wrote:
hellomyfriend wrote:
shianne517 wrote:Oh yeah! I brought the bandana from Denver (from Liz, folded by Jess) and wore it during Arj's set.

He totally pointed to me and said something to me (don't remember what it was but the word 'bandana' was used).

:#cheer#:

Also, I could see the brand of his underwear when he lifted his arm and his shirt went up.

It's Champion.

Razz

:#haha#:

i said, "
i love you arj"

he said, "
i love you too!"

and then he looked straight at sara and said, "
and i like your bandana!"

ADD: and he TOTALLY POINTED AT HER! like he pointed to a half naked cocktail waitress during his set at the hard rock the night before :#evilgrin#: :#haha#:

shianne517 wrote:ADD: Also, Mark asked me to throw at t-shirt on stage at Bret as a surprise. It was a shirt that the crew made them and signed. It was just a white t-shirt with black sharpie words all over it.

I think Sheila got a video of it. I have to check.

shianne517 wrote:Here is the picture with the shirt (from the fabulous Sheila):

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1864.jpg

I don't really know what it said. I felt bad reading it before he did Razz
sheila wrote:the shirt for jemaine

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1865.JPG

sheila wrote:[flash=350,287:2c5da7xf]http:
//www.
youtube.
com/v/_azfjZtae_0&
hl=en&
fs=1[/flash:2c5da7xf]

here is when sara threw the shirt on stage... i stopped filming because jemaine looked right at me and it felt awkward to keep filming

Finally the bouzouki in action - a Greek instrument in the Greek Theatre.

[flash=350,287:2c5da7xf]http:
//www.
youtube.
com/v/9Za3qdJG6Lk&
hl=en&
fs=1[/flash:2c5da7xf]

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3564656782_0d08b9b254_b.jpg

lixxx wrote:JOHNNY BOY/MR. FISCHER/SEYMOUR CASSEL
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 FOTCLA001.jpg
my bro's and i are big Wes Anderson fans so we were freaking out when we saw him!

their banter about the issues, with the help the whales, got a little interrupted by some feedback coming from the stage. it was really bugging them and they couldn't fix it so they just tried playing it off. it was cute cuz jemaine was in the middle of talking about famine when bret got up to go back stage to see what was happening with the equipment. and jem was all "
bret, where are you going? im trying to talk about famine,"
and then bret came right back and said "
sorry i had to get a quick blowjob."
lol and jem was all "
well, now i don't want to talk about famine,"
then jem cracked some joke at bret about the blowjob comment but i can't remember what it was. anyone remember?

one thing that i loved was that they brought out the guys who do their their spanish voice overs on the show. i was so excited cuz talene and i love watching the episodes in spanish cuz the songs translate so funny! it was such a cute set! they came out during "
think about it"
i was watching bret while the guys were playing and he was just cracking up. it was cute cuz they were doing the fade out part of "
think about it"
and the spanish guys were still playing and doing a solo and bret was saying in his high pitch voice "
fade out! fade out!"
and at this point the lights were off of bret and jem and only the the other guys and jem says "
can we turn the lights off on these guys?"
lol it was so great.
Before culminating the evening, McKenzie and Clement jokingly marveled at the Greek's not-so-Greek authenticity. "
Caesar!,"
an audience member yelled out, to which Clement shot back, "
Caesar was a Roman."
Then he added: "
That's the power we have. We've just embarrassed your entire nation."
Thanks for making us laugh -- and look deservedly stupid.

A short clip with Albi, because the quality is :#loveeyes#:

he finally got to Sheila and was looked so freaking cute! he had the biggest grin on his face! he was so happy! while he was talking to sheila some girl came over and interrupted their conversation and said "
can you come and take a picture in front of my friend's creepy rapist van with me??"
he was kinda like "
what?"
at first. she was like "
you don't have to get in. just stand in front with me"
he was like ok sure. it was like this big orange creepy 70s van. lol and bret opened the front door and sat in the front seat! he posed for the picture. he got in. and closed the door. then he made a thumbs up and smiled. lol it was pretty funny.
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Roflbotq8fk.jpg
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Roflbotqeeq.jpg
he was then like "
i gotta go guys,"
and he signed a bit more things. and then talene FINALLY GAVE THEM ALBI! he was like "
aww, this is cute. we have a whole collection of albis now. we even got a glass one."
lol it was cute. she showed him the rainbow jellybean and told him about the messages inside. then she got a picture.
flippintalene7 wrote:ahh, so the LA show was awesome! i got to give Bret Albi. i was trying to explain the jellybean and i think the convo ended up like this

B: oh whats that?
T: it's the teardrop that you know turns into all the colors of the rainbow...er...its the rainbow jellybean?
B: ...oh...cool(?)...thats a big jellybean!

lol! but he liked it. b4 i could say what was inside, someone else came and stole him away. lol. they'll figure it out! haha.

here we are. i asked for a photo, and he was like "
SURE!"

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Meandbret.jpg
luckym wrote:My picture with Bret:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 S6300581.jpg

Ines tried to get a pic of us but right when she hit the button her camera died, so I pulled out my own camera and asked him if we could try it again. I was about to take it but he just sort of pulled the camera out of my hand and did it himself. Then he checked to see what it looked like and he saw that it had the weird light all over it- I told him I thought it was fine but he ignored me and took another one. Then he saw that that one was blurry too and he was like "
Why are they like that?!"
in his cute frustrated voice. But that time he listened to me when I said I thought the picture was fine.

He was SOOOO sweet to do that cause he was clearly in a huge hurry.

:#inlove#: :#bret#: :#inlove#:
chrissycubana wrote:another highlight was that James Bobbin walked past us just before the show, so Ines called out his name and we asked if we could take pics with him. he was very sweet, and ended up sitting nearby. also close by were the guys from largo.

JAMES!!!
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 100_2897.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 100_2899.jpg

post-concert flighty lovin'
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 100_2909.jpg
emira
emira

Sun May 29, 2011 12:02 pm
[size=200:3mctxi5l]LA part 2

Sorry I left the recaps almost untouched, but it was decision all or nothing. They're too awesome to cut them. Or you just don't have to read them Razz

sheila wrote:Matt came out and played drums for Mutha Uckers ,y bad it was Business Time and was really good! After the song he went back off stage. Then Brets monitor/speaker/guitar had some minor feedback. Bret made a joke about now Matt is a big rock star and is not doing his job. Bret then asked him if he was signing BOOBS! :#haha#: Then Bret ran really quickly to the side of the stage and when he came back he said something like, “Sorry, I just went to get a blow job!” :#haha#:

Jemaine mentioned something about the Greek theatre looking like ancient Greece and the Pantheon (it is important for me to point out that the Pantheon was actually built during the Roman era not the Greek era… you will see why I pointed this out!) So someone in the audience shouted out, “Ceaser!!!” and Jemaine then corrected him and told him that Ceaser was actually Roman not Greek and he then eluded to the old stereotype that Americans are dumb. He said, “Only three people in the theatre know that, and none of them are American.” (So Jemaine the Pantheon is from where what now?!?! And who doesn’t know what?!?! :;
): )

During Beautiful Girl, Jemaine looked at Sara and I when he said, "
You're so beautiful, you could be a high-class prostitute!"
He did look at us alot during the show, I'm sure it was becasue he recognized us from the night before, and we told him we would be in the front row in LA.

Oh yea and I asked Matt for the set list and he gave it to me :#aziz#:

There was an after party at the venue at a bar on site. It was for VIP's only and Irene got a pass... I’m not too sure how though. She went in there to see of the guys were going to come out and I mentioned that i had the piano. She was :#excited#: and was sure if she told him that, he wouldn't be able to resist coming out! she went in to talk to the guys and when she came out she said that when she mentioned the piano Bret got :#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#: !!!!! (you will hear the real story when Irene does her recap) and he said that he would have to come out to get that even though they didn't have a lot of time. There was about 20-25 of us left outside and two guys who were touring with our guys came out and were cutting up with us. They were absolutely hilarious and one said the guys were coming out and the other said no they weren't. All of then sudden Bret comes out, which I didn't notice because I was too busy making titty jokes with the two random guys. I’m fairly sure that Bet had made it clear from the jump that he didn’t have a lot of time because they were already late leaving. All the Flighties gathered together and decided that we were going to wait until everyone else got done meeting them until we moved in. You could tell he was looking for the piano as he was walking out!!! Bret was with that group of about 15 people for maybe like 3-4 minutes, the whole time he was looking around and then he said something like, "
Someone here has a piano for me? Who?"
I raised my hand and he came over to me and we talked for a while… at least it felt like a while! He said he had been looking for one and he asked where Misty and I found it. “The internet! HELLO!!,” I said. Then he said, “Well I didn’t actually look, Matt did. Haha.” I’m pretty sure at that point I said Matt was a “liar” because that sound like something I would say… and I think I did, but like I said it was a complete blur. He said, “Is there really a piano in there?” And I said something like nope its empty, joking with him, and then I said, “Yes, if you shake it you can hear it!” and I went to shake it and he said, “No don’t do that you don’t want to break it! Haha.” To which I replied, “Well, I’m not gonna knock it off a stool or anything HAHAHA!” He got a good laugh in at that. Then I remember making some jokes about tuning a mini piano and him telling me that they come pre tuned. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE SMILE SO SO SO MUCH FOR SOMETHING SO LITTLE!!! HE LOVED IT AND I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! I was really worried that the gift wasn’t going to “land” but it went over better than I ever could have imagined! It was the perfect ending to the tour! He asked me if there was anything else I wanted i.e. picture, autograph. He signed my vinyl “Sheila, Thanks for the piano! You’re the greatest!” I got a picture and a hug and that was that. He did some other stuff with other people but I was too much on cloud nine to pay attention… :#cloud9#: :#cloud9#: I feel bad for that! But like Liz said, that random biotch really interupted my Bret time! But then again, I kinda felt bad because it was like Bret and I... then my Flighties with me and then everone else just standing and watching him talk to me. He then was summoned by Amy back to the bus. I was busy talking and I’m pretty sure it was Talene who got my attention and told me Bret was looking for me as he was going back to the bus and yelled, “thank you again!” I then yelled, “Enjoy your piano!” as I saw him walk up the stairs to the bus. PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m pretty sure during all of this with Bret, Jemaine sneaked onto the bus because the bus started leaving AS SOON AS BRET got on!SO THIS IS MY OFFICAL DECLARATION THAT I AM NOW BI-CONCHORDIAN! I’VE BEEN CLOSE TO THE EDGE FOR AWHILE BUT THIS SEALED THE DEAL!
luckym wrote:Sheila giving the piano to Bret:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 S6300576.jpg

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:
shianne517 wrote:'uck it!

Here is my picture fail with Bret:
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Picturefail2.jpg

That's my hair on the right.

:#fit#:

ADD: It gets better.

Here is the picture that HE took of using my camera on a really weird setting (I think that's his chin?) :#shrug#:

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Picbrettook.jpg

chickenkarma wrote:me, michael and wendy (michael is the doorman @ Largo.... Smile I hve him to thank for what happened that night.
I love these pictures because he's sooo freaking sweet, I love him ^3^
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3563874347_bf6b4343ea.jpg
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3564691922_b595ccb218.jpg

me and nigel, i mentioned slc and denver and he said that it was great meeting all of you "
there was like 12 of them"
HAHA
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3564692056_c6f2305c78.jpg
chickenkarma wrote:okay so first things first... I know there are many of you wondering how I was able to get into the afteparty, it was all a very lucky coincidence. There is a small venue in LA called Largo in which the guys have done quite a few shows and my sister and myself have (after going there quite regularly) befriended the doorman Michael as well as the owner of Largo, Flanny.
Ines told us that she saw them earlier and once the show ended we spotted them and said hello. (I yelled for Flanny and ran up to Michael and him to give him a hug Razz I squealed I was so happy to see them)
Anyway, flanny left to go the the restroom and we talked to michael for a bit. In our conversation he mentioned if we wanted his sticker pass to get into the afterparty because he was going to leave early and wasn't planning on sticking around. I was like.. "
uhhh... I don't know... "
He was just like, "
yeah one of you should have it"
he ended up just giving it to me in the end. We let my brother borrow it because I didn't want to go in there by myself and he wanted to get some free booze. Later on we bumped into Flanny again (who was STILL searching for a restroom HAHA) and I don't know what happened but he ended up giving us his sticker too. Michael ended up getting a sticker from a buddy inside and my brother gave me back the sticker we let him borrow. He didn't end up needing it to get in because the security recognized him so they let him in. So me my sister my brother and michael all got in and just hung out. While I was there I got to meet Arj and Nigel. There were a couple of other recognizable faces but I couldn't remember where they were from. There were a lot of people with NZ accents too HAHA

After a little while I decided to find the girls (because I had kinda ditched them >
_<
) They were by the tourbuses and I told them some of what happened. I stayed talking with them for a while and Michael came by because he was leaving and he had his motorbike parked by the tourbuses. He told us that Jemaine was at the party. After he left I was debating on whether I wanted to go back. I didn't want to be selfish and leave the girls. If I was going to go I wanted to be able to try and convince them to come out but not be annoying about it. So once Sheila told me that she had a toy piano for bret I SQUEALED! and I said "
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER! I WOULD HAVE TOTALLY LEFT A LONG TIME AGO!"

When I went back I ended up talking to Bret and Jem. Its really hard for me to remember exactly what they both said but I talked to Jemaine first and I asked him to sign my my nz tv guide magazine with the interview that mentioned the sheep dolls. I reminded him that I was that girl and he said something about influenceing the show and then said something about also having a nice quilt square. That totally took me by surprise I said "
OH YOU SAW THAT?"
I was telling him that I was really impressed that we were able to pull it off because we all were scattered and lived all over the place, I mentioned Roxy as the one who came up with the idea Smile He was just agreeing with me and said "
and you made the books to go with them as well"

So you guys can see that he has already looked at the scrapbooks (or else he wouldn't have known that I had made a quilt square) and that he was happy/impressed that you guys made them to go along with the quilts too ^3^

When I met bret I asked him to sign my tv guide and reminded him who I was. His face lit up and he said "
Oh yeah! those dolls were great!"
I mentioned the quilt and his face lit up even more and he was talking about how much he loved it. He asked me which square I made and I told him it wad the Fashion is Danger one and he was like "
OH?! thats the one you made? yeah, you're quite famous on the tour bus."
I said "
Really??"
he said "
well yeah it's just amazing how you made them, the faces?! it just came out great... I mean the whole thing was great. The only problem is that I dont know what to do with it. I mean I could put them on my bed but then my wife will be like 'WHAT IS THIS DOING HERE?!'"

I kept trying to tell him that we were going to put loops on the quilts so that they could hang them but I couldn't get the sentence in. He was talking to my sister and brother about the idea of doing a little art gallery ^___^

He also said that he was planning a big thank you and said that he was thinking of taking a picture himself with it at his hotel for us to have. I said "
THE GIRLS WOULD LOOOOOOVE THAT!"

He asked me what would be the best way to get something like that to us and I said "
well I think the easiest way would be to have Jemaine...."
(when I said "
Jemaine"
he inturrupted me and said "
OH MYSPACE, we could myspace"
) and I said "
yeah jemaine could just send it to the flight of the conchords message board myspace account"

I then said "
I don't know if you're going to come out tonight but..."
and he inturrupted and said "
naw we have to leave for san francisco"
and I said "
Oh.... well, I'm telling you beause one of the girls has a new little red toy piano for you"
and he went pretty wide-eyed and was like..."
Oh really? oh well then yeah I'll have to go out there to pick up the piano."

Bret and Jem were sweethearts and I could tell they were having a lot of fun being amongst friends and family. I was really happy for them. They were so nice for giving me a bit of their time.

So many squeeable moments. I want to relive it. Smile

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 2wokpvk.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 9amf0p.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 10hosuw.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 3563793167_9364610f11.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Opyeb.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_2021.JPG

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1889.JPG

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1901.JPG

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1906.JPG

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 IMG_1942.JPG

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 1551dlh.jpg
dontlookback wrote:My friend Omar just posted these pictures on his myspace :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: (he works for a production company that does the Conchords stuff :#thumbsup#: )
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 L_5cb8bff7689b4f589cb67970f25ff866.jpg
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 L_16b2d20b5c99469a95ef12c3ed91eeb0.jpg
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 L_324d7ab0df0c4d73b22e16b8a3c102ab.jpg
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Bmla01.jpg
Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 Jcla01.jpg
Not many photos from afterparty and I think this is the only one with Jemaine. ^
emira
emira

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:24 pm
I feel bad about abandoning this thread and the calendar looks like a failure. I'm sorry. It became bigger than I expected. First I thought about posting a pic or two, maybe a video from every show, but then it went as it went and I didn't have time to keep up with the flow of the days (stupid work :#blah#: ).

Today was supposed to be the last show from their 2008 tour. Sorry, I'm going to post about it some time later. I'm still going to be updating the calendar with the shows and hopefully next year this project will be more successful. :#shy#:

Besides, this thread may be a place for any other show nostalgia, so it's not over yet! :#cheer#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:08 pm
I'm sorry for abandoning it too. Sad Time and just feeling like being on the internet has been a factor lately. I still think this was a great idea and I still plan on doing the Berkeley '10 post... it just takes a lot of time and effort to make a post for a show and the ones with more Flighties in attendance even longer. Not that I mind at all, I love reading back and reminiscing. :#love3#: Like I said, it's TIME.

I wouldn't say it was a failure though Syl! I mean, it may not have been what you wanted it to.. with the thread being update with each show on the day it took place but it has certainly been great looking back on everything. Also, it's really nice to have all the good stuff in one place. :;
):

I think you've done a great job Syl! :#glomp#: :#cheekkiss#:
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:24 pm
i don't think this thread was a failure at all - i've loved reliving these exciting moments from the past - thank you for all the hard work you have put into it, syl and ami :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#:

i was in the Berkeley + Bay Area this week, and the entire time i was having flashbacks to the Berkeley show and to our road trip back to L.A. - thanks to this thread, i've got these tours on my mind, and it helped me remember details a bit better Smile .

:#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#:
emira
emira

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:56 am
Awww.... thanks, guys! :#glomp#: :#glomp#:

Amily wrote:it just takes a lot of time and effort to make a post for a show and the ones with more Flighties in attendance even longer. Not that I mind at all, I love reading back and reminiscing. :#love3#: Like I said, it's TIME.

Same :#sadyes#:

Also, it's really nice to have all the good stuff in one place. :;
):

That's why we'll keep this place alive :#happyyes#: :#cheer#:

chrissycubana wrote:thank you for all the hard work you have put into it, syl and ami :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#:

And Courtney and Sam :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#:

i was in the Berkeley + Bay Area this week, and the entire time i was having flashbacks to the Berkeley show and to our road trip back to L.A. - thanks to this thread, i've got these tours on my mind, and it helped me remember details a bit better Smile .

A thread with a mission! :#excited#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:18 am
emira wrote:I feel bad about abandoning this thread and the calendar looks like a failure. I'm sorry. It became bigger than I expected. First I thought about posting a pic or two, maybe a video from every show, but then it went as it went and I didn't have time to keep up with the flow of the days (stupid work :#blah#: ).

Today was supposed to be the last show from their 2008 tour. Sorry, I'm going to post about it some time later. I'm still going to be updating the calendar with the shows and hopefully next year this project will be more successful. :#shy#:

Besides, this thread may be a place for any other show nostalgia, so it's not over yet! :#cheer#:

I have to agree with everyone that it's not a failure! Even with a few of us helping with some posts, its just SO many shows within a two month period. So many videos and pictures and recaps... We were really spoiled the past few years. Smile It's not a bad thing that we couldn't keep up with recapping all the shows because there were so many. :;
):

I know I promised to do the Hollywood Bowl show and I still will. Like I said, we're just going to celebrate the nostalgia into the summer. :;
D: We have the time. Not sure when there will be another new tour/shows. :#sadlove#:

Syl you really have done an amazing job. I would have never thought of a thread like this, let alone have the commitment to recap a lot of the shows. :#glomp#:

chrissycubana wrote:i was in the Berkeley + Bay Area this week, and the entire time i was having flashbacks to the Berkeley show and to our road trip back to L.A. - thanks to this thread, i've got these tours on my mind, and it helped me remember details a bit better Smile .

Surprise Bus Sex! :#rofl#: :#inlove#:
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:53 pm
onlyalways wrote:

chrissycubana wrote:i was in the Berkeley + Bay Area this week, and the entire time i was having flashbacks to the Berkeley show and to our road trip back to L.A. - thanks to this thread, i've got these tours on my mind, and it helped me remember details a bit better Smile .

Surprise Bus Sex! :#rofl#: :#inlove#:

:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#:

ok, see, THAT's why this thread is so awesome! i had completely forgotten about... ahem... THAT.

:#notworthy#: :#notworthy#: :#notworthy#:
emira
emira

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:46 pm
"
Today in TV History: FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS premiered 2007 on HBO"

And they were playing two shows at Bonnaroo at that time on 16 &
17 June.

16th

17th

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 584267909_7231dea582_b.jpg

Death from Nostalgia Tour Calendar - Page 5 584267681_4e0e6e904f_b.jpg
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:03 pm
emira wrote:"
Today in TV History: FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS premiered 2007 on HBO"

And they were playing two shows at Bonnaroo at that time on 16 &
17 June.

:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#cloud9#:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum