chrissycubana
onlyalways
accordions
emira
13 posters
Go down
emira
emira

My lyrics are bottomless - geeking out over lyrics - Page 4 Empty My lyrics are bottomless - geeking out over lyrics

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:36 pm

[size=100:svlnlz3o]How would you say that your material has evolved with time?
[image] We try to put more jokes in these days. We go through phases where we want everything to be funny, we want everything to be musical, or we want to tell a story.

[image] Some of the first stuff didn't have enough jokes in them to play now.

[image] If we play in a theater we could do those songs. We usually write an hour's worth for theater shows. We've done three of those as Flight of the Conchords, but we've done others as well. If we write another one, we'll probably want to do something different from our last show, which had a lot of gags in it. When we first got on, our performances were really big, but now we're quite subtle in-between songs.

[image] For a while, we didn't talk and just did songs. Over the next few years, talking became a much bigger part of the show.
[url=Gothamist][/url]

re: the phases. I think that with the song 1353 they've reached perfection. It's funny, has beautiful music and it tells a story [image] .

re: the songs that don't have enough jokes in them to play now. I don't agree! I [image] new / old You Don't Love Me Anymore and I wish I could hear more of their old songs.

Last edited by 676 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
emira
emira

My lyrics are bottomless - geeking out over lyrics - Page 4 Empty My lyrics are bottomless - geeking out over lyrics

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:21 pm

sargifster wrote:
emira wrote:Or there are lyrics that haven't been published (like Rock Beat [image] ) and it would be great to know them. Sometimes it's difficult to me to understand some words or phrases, so I guess it'll be the place for me to ask questions about them [image] .

Rockbeat
(As far as I can make it out...):

Do the hustle last night dancing to a rock beat, a rock b-b-b beat

I saw my uncle last night dancing to a rock beat, a rock b-b-b beat

I broke my ankle last night dancing to a rock beat, a rock b-b-b beat

Ohhhh Ohhh Ohhh Oh Oh Rock Beat!!

More comments on lyrics soon, but I will say I adore Bus Driver's Song, Jenny and Stana for their wonderful storytelling and I'm Not Crying for clever lyrics.

But also many more... The Conchords = clever lyrics in my opinion. [image]

I love this thread already. [image]

I think these lyrics are more painful.

I knew I heard 'muscle' there and the article from [url=BUST][/url] just put me on the right track.

Maybe this is how the lyrics go:

I pulled a muscle last night, dancing to a rock beat, a rock b-b-b beat

I sore my ankle last night dancing to a rock beat, a rock b-b-b beat

I broke my ankle last night dancing to a rock beat, a rock b-b-b beat

Ohhhh Ohhh Ohhh Oh Oh Rock Beat!!

[image]

ADD. Can 'sore' be used as a verb? [image]

Last edited by 676 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum