HBO gives hope for third Conchords series.

+20
drunkagain
onlyalways
codemonkey
annaomgz
canattack
caiknbake
iamnotmel
Ami
Katie
gezyka
oleswerdlow
christi
murrayland
chrissycubana
aom192
mistysquarepants
shianne517
sheila
hellomyfriend
sargifster
24 posters
Go down
drunkagain
Posing like a swan

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series. - Page 2 Empty Possible Third Season?

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:18 pm

[size=100:scmxvwd1]Flight Of The Conchords Season 3 News
HBO's President talks about the return of the Kiwis.
by Matt Fowler

July 30, 2009 - At the TCA Press Tour, HBO Co-President Richard Plepler addressed a question regarding a possible third season of their Emmy-nominated comedy series Flight of the Conchords. "
When they're ready, we're ready,"
Plepler smiled.

HBO President Michael Lombardo added that both Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement not only have to pull together to write a season of episodes, but also write an album's worth of music. "
We've told them that we're ready to go for a third season,"
Lombardo stated – which now places the ball squarely in the Conchords' court as we await their creative genius.
source:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series. - Page 2 Empty Possible Third Season?

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:41 pm

drunkagain wrote:
[size=100:jjyqn393]Flight Of The Conchords Season 3 News
HBO's President talks about the return of the Kiwis.
by Matt Fowler

July 30, 2009 - At the TCA Press Tour, HBO Co-President Richard Plepler addressed a question regarding a possible third season of their Emmy-nominated comedy series Flight of the Conchords. "
Plepler smiled.

HBO President Michael Lombardo added that both Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement not only have to pull together to write a season of episodes, but also write an album's worth of music. "
We've told them that we're ready to go for a third season,"
Lombardo stated – which now places the ball squarely in the Conchords' court as we await their creative genius.
source:

It doesn't really change what we already know,

but...

[align=center:jjyqn393]
[image] [/align:jjyqn393]
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:57 pm

"
that's how i (and most of us) feel! [image] [image] [image]

and i am glad that HBO isn't pressuring them (as far as we know)!

no pressure guys
[image] [image] [image] [image]
sargifster
Tech Admin

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:40 am

[size=100:vkg87b71]Executives are ready to order a third season of "
Flight of the Conchords,"
but they're waiting on the show's stars/creators, who are working on a new album, to say they want to return to production on the TV show. "
I'm sure that will happen,"
Lombardo said.

(HBO programming president Michael Lombardo)

[url=Source][/url]
nikki78
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:33 am
Not sure if this is on here somewhere else, but I was just reading this:

A third season of "
Flight of the Conchords"
will be ready when that duo is, Plepler said. "
When they're ready, we're ready. The problem is not only are they writing a television show, they have the added challenge of writing an album."
Source:

Not news, but I'm still curious if they will ever be "
ready."
I can't see it happening anytime soon, but you never know. I'm still waiting for the 2nd season album! [image]
samegirl
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:48 pm
There's been alot of the this stuff bandied about recently but it's no different than what we knew when S2 ended. FOTC haven't said no. HBO wants them. We want them. It's up to them. I can't see it happening for another year at least but you never know.
sargifster
Tech Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:09 pm
From Rhys via the NME:

[size=100:jvxavwmp]Flight of the Conchords could be back as a movie, a stage show - or not at all, according to one of the cast.

Rhys Darby, who plays the duo's hapless manager Murray Hewitt, told NME.COM that having wrapped up the second series – which was released on DVD this week (August 3) – that the digi-folk duo are pausing before deciding the show's future.

"
I'm open to whatever Bret [McKenzie] and Jemaine [Clement] want, it's their baby and I'm just along for the ride. I know they're going to take a year off, but there's already a bit of pressure already from people saying 'How can you end this thing now?,'"
explained Darby.

"
There's no decision made. There's been orders for another season but I know the guys have a British mentality where you create something, you finish it and move on. We're being pulled different ways. Even if we do go on, there are different options there. Do we do a Christmas special, or a film or even turn it into a stage show and tour the world with it? It's still a full on 'who knows?' scenario!"

hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:50 pm

sargifster wrote:[size=150:py3y2sqq]... or even turn it into a stage show and tour the world with it?

The line dividing Murray and Rhys got quite blurry for a moment there. [image]

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:43 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:
sargifster wrote:[size=150:lh3h93yj]... or even turn it into a stage show and tour the world with it?

The line dividing Murray and Rhys got quite blurry for a moment there. [image]

[image] [image] [image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:24 pm

[size=133:lfjad9n2]Rhys: Conchords had too many songs
Rhys Darby thinks Flight Of The Conchords' Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement may have "
signed their own death warrant"
by writing three songs per episode.

[size=100:lfjad9n2]Rhys Darby thinks Flight Of The Conchords' Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement may have "
signed their own death warrant"
by writing three songs per episode.

The hit show, which follows Kiwis Bret and Jemaine as they try to make it as musicians in New York, has ground to a halt after its second series.

Rhys, who plays the band's good-natured manager Murray, said he didn't think it was "
the end of the end"
but that the boys may have exhausted themselves with so much writing.

He said: "
The fact they had to pull together 20 new songs (for the second series), that was the pressure. Not that they didn't enjoy it, but just that as a musician, you don't want to be under that strain.

"
They started with three songs an episode so maybe they were signing their own death warrant, they should have just done one."

Rhys, who will next be seen on screen in a comedy pilot on Channel 4 called The Amazing Dermot, said he would definitely work with the boys again.

He said: "
I secretly don't think it's the end of the end. We'll come back in some shape or form, whether it's a special or a shorts season or a film."
source:
sargifster
Tech Admin

Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:37 pm

[size=100:tf5i3woj]Rhys Darby, manager of Flight Of The Conchords, revealed why he and the boys don't know what the next step is.

"
For three or four guys who are so busy and so 'attention to detail' on trying to make the perfect comedy, we are very slack when it comes to organising what's happening next,"
he told me.

[url= Source][/url]

Err, umm. Mixing up real life and the show there, maybe? Makes him sound like their real life manager.
actionfighter
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:06 pm
Maybe they will do an HP commercial?

[flash=350,287:c8wpkpxn]https://www.youtube.com/v/t7rv1CsXkHI&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:c8wpkpxn]
Sponsored content

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series. - Page 2 Empty Re: HBO gives hope for third Conchords series.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum