HBO gives hope for third Conchords series.

+20
drunkagain
onlyalways
codemonkey
annaomgz
canattack
caiknbake
iamnotmel
Ami
Katie
gezyka
oleswerdlow
christi
murrayland
chrissycubana
aom192
mistysquarepants
shianne517
sheila
hellomyfriend
sargifster
24 posters
Go down
sargifster
Tech Admin

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series. Empty HBO gives hope for third Conchords series.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:18 am

[size=100:5t0ost28]HBO gives hope for third Conchords series

HBO is anticipating a third series of cult comedy Flight of the Conchords, despite rumours that its creators would not return after a second run.

Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie have admitted that writing new songs for the second series had proved difficult, having exhausted their material in the first 12-part series, which aired on BBC4.

Prior to the US debut of the second run late last year, McKenzie said: "
The second series seems to me like it would be a good end to the show. That will be enough."

But when asked if the hapless folk duo had performed their last gig with the broadcaster, HBO president of west coast operations Michael Lombardo told Broadcastnow: "
I think not. Admittedly, they were exhausted when they finished their latest series.

"
They are serious musicians and it is a daunting task to write so many new songs, especially since their used their entire repertoire in season one.

"
But they are taking a break before going on a live tour and I fully expect them to be back in late 2010 or early 2011."

HBO aired the final episode of the second series on 22 March, with the closing scenes seemingly wrapping up the show. It will roll out on BBC4 this spring and continues to follow New Zealand's "
premiere digi-folk parody duo"
as they try to break into the New York music scene.

Lombardo also spoke briefly about HBO's forthcoming co-production with ABC Australia on a new series with comic Chris Lilley. The Australian comedian, who inhabited various characters in award winning comedy series Summer Heights High, will return with new creations for the forthcoming series but further details are being kept firmly under wraps.

[url=Source][/url]

If so, then: [image] [image] [image]

Last edited by 132 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series. Empty HBO gives hope for third Conchords series.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:22 am
[size=200:1mbqqqf7]Best news ever! [image] [image] [image]
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:15 am
ooooooooooooo i want to squee as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
[image] [image] [image]
shianne517
Jem Ho

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 am
I'm happy about this, but as long as they are not wearing themselves too thin or getting stressed.

Simply put, I'm happy if their happy. ;<br />D

Last edited by 43 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:18 am
agreed... i only want them do it if they want too!!! if that takes a few years... then so be it!
mistysquarepants
Smokin' with an eye that's broken

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:20 am
I agree Sara If they're happy then im happy too.. i think they need and deserve a break... I will be here paitently waiting until they decide to thrill me again lol [image]
aom192
Turning white clouds grey

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:37 am
I gasped & dropped my books (flattening my foot under the sheer weight of them ) when i read this thread, so this pain better be justified!!!

Nah, don't worry Conchords...you'll do what you feel is right and we'll all be right behind you with support and hot chocolate. Smile
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 am
ditto that.

i hope those pushy americans ( [image] ) at HBO are giving them some breathing room, and that Lombardo's *industryspeak* isn't all hot air meant to cover up how hard they're pushing the guys ...

murrayland
Beneath a willow tree

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:42 am

agreed... i only want them do it if they want too!!! if that takes a few years... then so be it!

Exactly. let them have some time to fill up the creative tank.
christi
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 am
I totally agree with everybody.
[image] if they do another. but still [image] if they don't. [image] no matter what.
oleswerdlow
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 am
This is great news! [image]

Honestly, after reading about the slipping ratings for the series (less than 700,000 for the finale, after a week-to-week decline), I wasn't sure if HBO would want to bring it back. It's nice to hear that they still fully support the show.

Now it's just up to Bret and Jemaine!
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:42 am

shianne517 wrote:I'm happy about this, but as long as they are not wearing themselves too thin or getting stressed.

SAME. [image] [image] [image]
Katie
Katie
Totally Fine

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:43 am

gezyka wrote:
shianne517 wrote:I'm happy about this, but as long as they are not wearing themselves too thin or getting stressed.

SAME. [image] [image] [image]
DITTO THA-AT.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:39 pm
I will love them no matter what but I am so so so happy about this news!!! [image]

I know these boys would never do anything they don't want to do... so I'm sure that whatever happens, it will be what they want. [image]

I can totally wait forever for them. [image] [image]
iamnotmel

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series. Empty HBO Expect 3rd Series?

Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:25 am
hello flighties! long time lurker here at the board but i just found this which i thought might cheer those of you mourning the end of series 2 up a little bit.

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series

MipTV: HBO is anticipating a third series of cult comedy Flight of the Conchords, despite rumours that its creators would not return after a second run.

Jermaine Clement and Bret McKenzie have admitted that writing new songs for the second series had proved difficult, having exhausted their material in the first 12-part series, which aired on BBC4.

Prior to the US debut of the second run late last year, McKenzie said: "
The second series seems to me like it would be a good end to the show. That will be enough."

But when asked if the hapless folk duo had performed their last gig with the broadcaster, HBO president of west coast operations Michael Lombardo told Broadcastnow: "
I think not. Admittedly, they were exhausted when they finished their latest series.

"
They are serious musicians and it is a daunting task to write so many new songs, especially since their used their entire repertoire in season one.

"
But they are taking a break before going on a live tour and I fully expect them to be back in late 2010 or early 2011."

HBO aired the final episode of the second series on 22 March, with the closing scenes seemingly wrapping up the show. It will roll out on BBC4 this spring and continues to follow New Zealand's "
premiere digi-folk parody duo"
as they try to break into the New York music scene.

Lombardo also spoke briefly about HBO's forthcoming co-production with ABC Australia on a new series with comic Chris Lilley. The Australian comedian, who inhabited various characters in award winning comedy series Summer Heights High, will return with new creations for the forthcoming series but further details are being kept firmly under wraps.

* Author: Michael Rosser.

source -

and it was posted on march 31st rather than april 1st so hopefully, this isn't a cruel april fools style jape! i for one certainly wouldn't object to a third series.
caiknbake
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series. Empty HBO Expect 3rd Series?

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:28 am
[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

thanks for posting that, iamnotmel, and welcome! [image]

i'm also hoping for a third season (obviously)....i just hope hbo isn't twisting the guys' arms into doing it...
canattack
Lost but happy at sea

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series. Empty Possible Third Season?

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:00 am
I found this on another forum. It's all B + J's hands now:

[image]

Apparently it's from A Rhys interview
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:57 am
Rhys has already lead us astray once! [image] I'm going to need a non-Rhys source before I believe this.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ...
annaomgz

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:00 pm
Yis please!
codemonkey

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:18 pm
If it helps at all this has already been mentioned in the trades....
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:25 pm

codemonkey wrote:If it helps at all this has already been mentioned in the trades....

*trying not to get excited ... failing*
canattack
Lost but happy at sea

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm

codemonkey wrote:If it helps at all this has already been mentioned in the trades....

The trades? I feel dumb but what the trades?
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:Rhys has already lead us astray once! [image] I'm going to need a non-Rhys source before I believe this.

[align=center:pyrxh4y7]
[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [/align:pyrxh4y7]

[align=right:pyrxh4y7]...I'm sorry, you said something?[/align:pyrxh4y7]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:01 pm

onlyalways wrote:
hellomyfriend wrote:Rhys has already lead us astray once! [image] I'm going to need a non-Rhys source before I believe this.

[align=center:8mr80fp9]
[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [/align:8mr80fp9]

[align=right:8mr80fp9]...I'm sorry, you said something?[/align:8mr80fp9]

[image] [image] [image]
codemonkey

Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 pm

canattack wrote:

The trades? I feel dumb but what the trades?

No prob... industry journals (think along the lines of Daily Variety..)
Sponsored content

HBO gives hope for third Conchords series. Empty Re: HBO gives hope for third Conchords series.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum