onlyalways
peterpan
19 posters
Go down
peterpan
Beneath a willow tree

You get to ask 2 questions Empty You get to ask 2 questions

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:04 pm
Okay, in light of the fact that a few of us have aired our wish for interviewers to be more creative when it comes to asking the guys questions, I propose that we compile our own list of things we would personally love to ask them if the opportunity ever arose.

You get to ask two questions, they must be decent and not impose on their privacy or embarrass them in any way (okay, maybe some embarrassing questions might be allowed)...

Perhaps we will never get to interview them as a collective board, but at least it's a little bit of fun and we can share our thoughts on what interviewers - who do get the privilege of speaking to them - get completely wrong, or miss, or ignore.

I haven't thought of my two questions yet...so I shall leave it up to somebody else to start off...

[image]
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:45 pm
[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

I_am_Heather wrote:
Perhaps we will never get to interview them as a collective board, but at least it's a little bit of fun and we can share our thoughts on what interviewers - who do get the privilege of speaking to them - get completely wrong, or miss, or ignore.

I love the idea, but I got a little lost here...

I already have a serious, objective question in mind. Not sure about the other...
peterpan
Beneath a willow tree

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:49 pm

onlyalways wrote: [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

I_am_Heather wrote:

I love the idea, but I got a little lost here...

I already have a serious, objective question in mind. Not sure about the other...

I basically meant that we should share what we would like to ask the guys....even if they never answer. [image]

And also to share what questions we are fed up with being asked by interviewers who can't be bothered to be original! [image]

What is your serious question?
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:00 pm
I'd love to know if they ever find each other difficult to work with and why.
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:06 pm
I'm curious about all of their ideas that never quite turned into songs. Really curious about this one.
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:07 pm
Naturally: May I please look at your ipod?
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 pm
For Bret: MAKE ANOTHER ALBUM!!!!!!!!! (sorry, that's not a question)
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 pm
What's been the most rewarding aspect of their projects? Seeing their ideas in the world? Working with friends? Public response? Life experience? Something else?
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 pm
Those are all great! [image]

hellomyfriend wrote:For Bret: MAKE ANOTHER ALBUM!!!!!!!!! (sorry, that's not a question)

How about...

For Bret: MAKE ANOTHER ALBUM!!!!!!!!! Please?

;<br />D
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:12 pm

gezyka wrote:Those are all great! [image]

hellomyfriend wrote:For Bret: MAKE ANOTHER ALBUM!!!!!!!!! (sorry, that's not a question)

How about...

For Bret: MAKE ANOTHER ALBUM!!!!!!!!! Please?

;<br />D

[image] [image]
luckym
My shadow played a bass clarinet

Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:55 am

hellomyfriend wrote:I'd love to know if they ever find each other difficult to work with and why.
I REALLY want to know how they would respond to that! ;<br />D
emira
emira

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:06 pm
1. What do you usually do during long hour flights?

(Jemaine probably sleeping;
)

2. If you could do a real time-tripping, what era would you go to or wanted to live in?
sub-question: If you could meet anybody from the history of the world and spend some time with him/her, who would that be? Why?

Isn't too geeky?
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:07 pm

emira wrote:1. What do you usually do during long hour flights?

(Jemaine probably sleeping;
)

2. If you could do a real time-tripping, what era would you go to or wanted to live in?
sub-question: If you could meet anybody from the history of the world and spend some time with him/her, who would that be? Why?

Isn't too geeky?

I love these!!! [image] [image] [image]
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:58 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:Naturally: May I please look at your ipod?

[size=200:apfixtun]THIS!!!!!!!
dontlookback
dontlookback

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:05 pm

sheila wrote:
hellomyfriend wrote:Naturally: May I please look at your ipod?

[size=200:v4csv9l6]THIS!!!!!!!
[image] [image] [image] [image]
dontlookback
dontlookback

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:34 pm
My questions:
1. How awesome is Bob Dylan?
2. Super awesome,right?

[image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:35 pm

dontlookback wrote:My questions:
2. Super awesome,right?

[image]

[image] [image] [image]

ADD: I won't rest until I know the answer to the second question!!!

Last edited by 57 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
dontlookback
dontlookback

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:01 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:
dontlookback wrote:My questions:
2. Super awesome,right?

[image]

[image] [image] [image]

ADD: I won't rest until I know the answer to the second question!!!
[image] [image]
daughterofdawn
I'm not crying

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:10 am

hellomyfriend wrote:I'd love to know if they ever find each other difficult to work with and why.

This is a great one. You can sometimes get an inkling during commentaries but alas, we have none.

The only questions that come to my mind are incredibly banal and/or inappropriate. [image]

I like to know which bits of their characters are real, like whether or not they're ticklish, whether Bret's favourite meal really is scrambled eggs etc. And then because I'm not a huge fan of small talk, I'd be far too prying and want to know their political/religious views. And inevitably, when I found out that they don't match mine, I'd be disappointed. Which is ridiculous. [image]

Yeah, so don't send me to do any interviews. [image]
emira
emira

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:25 am

I like to know which bits of their characters are real, like whether or not they're ticklish, whether Bret's favourite meal really is scrambled eggs etc. And then because I'm not a huge fan of small talk, I'd be far too prying and want to know their political/religious views. And inevitably, when I found out that they don't match mine, I'd be disappointed. Which is ridiculous. [image]

Yeah, so don't send me to do any interviews. [image]

Excellent questions [image] !!!

The song about Angels doing it or the banter about Jesus from the tour in 2008 little hurt my feelings, but since they are comedians, this kinda allows them to make jokes about everything. It's like with Monty Python. I love this group, but some jokes don't always make me laugh.

But I forgave the guys, 'coz I love them and I maybe some day... well, nevermind. [image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:39 pm

emira wrote:... The song about Angels doing it or the banter about Jesus from the tour in 2008 little hurt my feelings, but since they are comedians, this kinda allows them to make jokes about everything. It's like with Monty Python. I love this group, but some jokes don't always make me laugh.

[image]

I thought the Jesus jokes were hilarious, but I'm an atheist ... and even if I weren't, I'm pretty difficult to offend.

Last edited by 57 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
emira
emira

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:37 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:
emira wrote:... The song about Angels doing it or the banter about Jesus from the tour in 2008 little hurt my feelings, but since they are comedians, this kinda allows them to make jokes about everything. It's like with Monty Python. I love this group, but some jokes don't always make me laugh.

[image]

Oh, thank you [image]

I thought the Jesus jokes were hilarious, but I'm an atheist ... and even if I weren't, I'm pretty difficult to offend.

Well, it just made me sad that they moved toward this subject. [image]

I got used to their jokes about love, relationships, issues etc., but I find God a sensitive 'subject' to laugh at. I'm fine with laughing at angels, because it's still a song about making love, but did they have to mention Jesus? Why not make fun at Mahomet or Budda or... atheists?

OK, I think it's off the topic. Sorry about that.

Now, who's got some more questions to Bret and Jemaine?
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:05 pm

emira wrote:
hellomyfriend wrote:

[image]

Oh, thank you [image]

I got used to their jokes about love, relationships, issues etc., but I find God a sensitive 'subject' to laugh at. I'm fine with laughing at angels, because it's still a song about making love, but did they have to mention Jesus? Why not make fun at Mahomet or Budda or... atheists? ...

If they teased atheists--for me--it would be the same as them teasing anything else. I wouldn't take particular offense because I am one. I assume they chose Christianity because they and the audience are more familiar with it. In English speaking countries, the odds are high that people are going to understand a reference to Christianity.

But I can understand your criticism. I'm sure Australians and Americans and New Zealanders have been offended by some of their jokes about their countries. It's a risk they take ... and I don't think there's any ill-will behind any of it. They seem to be incredibly loving and open-minded people.

ADD: [image]

Last edited by 57 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
emira
emira

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:51 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:
emira wrote:

Oh, thank you [image]

I got used to their jokes about love, relationships, issues etc., but I find God a sensitive 'subject' to laugh at. I'm fine with laughing at angels, because it's still a song about making love, but did they have to mention Jesus? Why not make fun at Mahomet or Budda or... atheists? ...

I assume they chose Christianity because they and the audience are more familiar with it. In English speaking countries, the odds are high that people are going to understand a reference to Christianity.

Yes,... good point. Yes, good point.

But I can understand your criticism. I'm sure Australians and Americans and New Zealanders have been offended by some of their jokes about their countries.

I think jokes about the countries are not offensive, because they're about stereotypes and national characters. I love their parody of Polish disco-polo song and video and I'm not offended by it. God is a much heavier matter.

I don't think there's any ill-will behind any of it. They seem to be incredibly loving and open-minded people.

That's what I think as well and that's why I still love them, because sometimes we all (?) do or say stupid things without being aware of that and after while when we discover it, we are embarassed and feel awkward. I find 'Jesus situation' like that.

Wow, that's a great conversation. Thank you! [image]
earthintruder
Smokin' with an eye that's broken

Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:02 pm

emira wrote:

The song about Angels doing it or the banter about Jesus from the tour in 2008 little hurt my feelings, but since they are comedians, this kinda allows them to make jokes about everything. It's like with Monty Python. I love this group, but some jokes don't always make me laugh.

But I forgave the guys, 'coz I love them and I maybe some day... well, nevermind. [image]

This is why I flat refuse to talk politics with people, and, for the most part, religion. You'll lose friends that way and I think it's better if you just stick to things you know won't piss people off easily. Unless you have some REALLY sensitive friends.

I can understand where you're coming from. I'd have probably had some serious mixed feelings about it, too. Even if I thought it was funny, I'd wonder, "
Is this the time or the place?"
But I'm sure, whatever it was they said, it wasn't as offensive as some things I've seen or heard. Really.
Sponsored content

You get to ask 2 questions Empty Re: You get to ask 2 questions

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum