Go down

An Open Letter to the Jonas Brothers Empty An Open Letter to the Jonas Brothers

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:57 am
I love Best Week Ever.

An Open Letter to the Jonas Brothers

Dear Jonas Brothers,

I don’t hate you. I get it. If I was 13, I’d be obsessed with you. You’re cute, you’re young, you’re up Disney’s butt, you fly over the audience at the Teen Choice Awards. You cause young girls to completely lost their sh*t on the set of TRL. I have set aside the fact that (as I’ve previously mentioned) your music sounds like a watered down version of Maroon 5, which is basically like watering down water. I try not to think about how you are inevitably destined to appear on whatever version of The Surreal Life they are broadcasting in 2028. I never blamed you for the downfall of society. And hey, about this TV show you’re developing for the Disney Channel - great, go for it. I don’t care. It was going to be about a boy band (i.e., you) living a double life as spies. Sounds harmless enough…it’s basically the male version of Hannah Montana. Fine.

BUT. Now, you’ve decided to “change directions” with the series. You told Ryan Seacrest that the show is now going to be like HBO’s Flight of the Conchords. WHOAWHOAWHOA….hoooooooold up here for a second.

You’re doing WHAT? You’ve gone from kids pretending to be spies, to kids pretending to be talented? Please. Please don’t be so arrogant to compare yourselves to one of the funniest comedy duos that currently exists. Don’t set us up for that kind of disappointment. And don’t even think about trying to move in on Jemaine and Bret’s mojo. Jemaine’s sexy will CRUSH your tiny little hot into oblivion. And let’s not even get started on the music part of it. “Inner City Pressure” may be a comedy song, but it’s a million times better (musically speaking) than any of the goo you’ve put out.

I realize you’re just children, and somebody should have stopped you from becoming child stars. I understand you have Miley Cyrus sending you wet t-shirt pics of herself. I just want you to recognize that you can’t create a genius, innovative show like Flight Of The Conchords out of thin air, just because you’ve got disgusting amounts of money blowing through your tousled hair. I think it’s great if you idolize FOTC or anyone else, but you don’t just point at something you want and it magically becomes reality. Oh wait…for you, that’s probably true. But still, that doesn’t mean it’s going to be GOOD.

I will say, however, that doing something along the lines of FOTC would be a great test of your theatrical abilities. You’ll have to pretend (they call it acting!) that you have 1 crazy fan that stalks you, that you live in a tiny one room apartment with Eugene Mirman as your landlord. That, for you guys, would be quite a stretch - so go for it! These days, that acting feat would be enough to land you a spot on Inside The Actor’s Studio. Until then, I remain Mel-like obsessed with Bret and Jemaine, and there’s pretty much a negative 4,000% chance that I will ever watch your TV show (I don’t have Disney Channel).

Sincerely,

Sara “I’m 30″ Schaefer

Agreed.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:15 am
"Jemaine’s sexy will CRUSH your tiny little hot into oblivion."

Yes!
liverz
Lost but happy at sea

Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:21 am
HOLY EFF.

THAT is funny.

Is that on their site right now?  I need to go print that up and hang it on my wall.

Poor Jo Bros...   Very Happy
ohjeez
Posing like a swan

Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:26 am
FOREALZZ

thank you best week ever blog

Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:29 am
THANK YOU BEST WEEK EVER! you ARE the BEST!  Wink
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:44 am
holy. flippin. g. awesome!! this letter gets an A!!!!
ohjeez
Posing like a swan

Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:14 pm
there's also this part:

I realize you’re just children, and somebody should have stopped you from becoming child stars. I understand you have Miley Cyrus sending you wet t-shirt pics of herself. I just want you to recognize that you can’t create a genius, innovative show like Flight Of The Conchords out of thin air, just because you’ve got disgusting amounts of money blowing through your tousled hair. I think it’s great if you idolize FOTC or anyone else, but you don’t just point at something you want and it magically becomes reality. Oh wait…for you, that’s probably true. But still, that doesn’t mean it’s going to be GOOD.

the miley cyrus thing made me laugh.
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:11 pm
"I have set aside the fact that (as I’ve previously mentioned) your music sounds like a watered down version of Maroon 5, which is basically like watering down water. "

That made me laugh so so so so hard.
rokkers
The day time of the night

Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:06 pm
"..you’ve got disgusting amounts of money blowing through your tousled hair."

Haha. That one line is brilliant.
I know next to nothing about the Jonas Brothers.. and I think I'd like to keep it that way.   Razz

Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:55 pm
hellomyfriend wrote:
"I have set aside the fact that (as I’ve previously mentioned) your music sounds like a watered down version of Maroon 5, which is basically like watering down water. "

That made me laugh so so so so hard.

Agreed! Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
christi
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:37 pm
I am sooo loving this letter. Nobody messes with Jemaine and Bret's mojo!!
flippintalene7
I like to rock the party!

Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:44 pm
god, this letter perfectly says everything i have been feeling since i heard about the Jonas Bros trying to copy the brilliant and TALENTED FOTC!!!
shame on the jonas bros! lol
caiknbake
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:05 am
this is freaking hilarious!!! i cannot believe that these teeny boppers would have the gall to compare themselves to fotc, but i'm certainly glad there's someone so witty and articulate to put them in their place  Wink haha
chickenkarma
My shadow played a bass clarinet

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:51 pm
I'm so happy someone finally wrote this. It's a good way for me to vicariously vent (you know? even though I didn't write it)

I have always loved Best Week Ever. They are brilliant   Cheesy smile

Last edited by 125 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
lixxx
Banana Balls

Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:04 pm
best week ever OWNS. hahaha!! love it love it love it.

the watered down water part made me laugh viry hard.

they did it for the lolz.
Sponsored content

An Open Letter to the Jonas Brothers Empty Re: An Open Letter to the Jonas Brothers

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum