Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords Empty The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords

Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:10 pm
[align=center:286pi9b3]The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords 2ynf8t0.jpg

:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: [/align:286pi9b3]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords Empty Re: The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords

Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:11 pm
lilr86 The boys are back in town #fotc
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGIs-qzhf-_/

kurvalekI know I wasn't supposed to take video but this is an old one so its ok. Right? @fotc #flightoftheconchords
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGI2qVYwPD5/

:#excited#: :#loveeyes#: :#excited#: :#loveeyes#: :#excited#: :#loveeyes#: :#excited#:

And I see a Nigel!!! :#nigel#: :#blowkiss#:
blondesnotbombs
Your leaves are making me horny

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords Empty Re: The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:09 am
BRET!!! :#ded#: :#bret#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#: His hair is so short! And he's so clean-shaven! Surprised :#haha#: We've seen so very little of him in the past two years that getting this tiny glimpse of him is about to make me burst. :#haha#: :#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

NIGEL!!! :#nigel#: :#blowkiss#: I missed him so much on the Oddball tour (and also when I saw the WIUO last year). I'm thrilled that he's back this time around. He adds so much to their live performances. We're in for a real treat this tour.

JEMAINE!!! :#jem#: :#blowkiss#: Jemaine hasn't been nearly as absent from the spotlight as the other two (I was just looking through photos of him at the Cannes Film Festival and smiling proudly, can't wait to see The BFG), so my only thought really is that I'm so happy to see him back in the enviornment that I love him best. :#heart#:

:#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#: I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM. :#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#: :#excited2#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:51 am
g_malbs First show in 3 years. #flightoftheconchords

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords 13380921_1125740420803278_1064511246_n.jpg
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:38 pm
[size=150:1kluc0r6]Unfinished Business Time
02. JUN, 2016

Flight of The Conchords
The Heath at The McKittrick Hotel
June 1st

THEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, the never really went away – juss got all big and Hollywooded, but no matter how many riches and fames they’ve accumulated, they will always be good ole Bret and Jemaine, or good ole Jemaine and Bret (depending on how you like to order your favorite Kiwis) of Flight of the Conchords.

After a 3 year break from touring, the boys are about to embark on a big tour, and so they needed to fine tune their roadshow before showing the road, and set up a 5 night residency at the Heath. For some reason I skipped out on their last tour, so it has been 7 years since I last saw them live, but now I got to see them in a venue that only served 200, and all 200 of us were well served.

Sure, B &
J sounded a little raw and undisciplined – starting and stopping and restarting tunes new and old, constantly being out of rhythm with one another, but luckily these two can fill dead air and stage hiccups with endless witty stage banter, like Jemaine asking the audience if they actually paid money to see this show [we all happily did]. But none of us cared how unvarnished the presentation was – cause we were all there to laugh with them, and at them (no one does self-deprecating humor like them), and so we did.

They tried out 5 to 6 new/newish songs (see setlist below), and while these newbies don’t seem destined top anything they’ve created before, they were good enuff for everyone to sit thru AND thoroughly enjoy. Most times you don’t want to hear any band play any new stuff, but most bands aren’t this one and that’s both a good thing AND a bad thing. And the old stuff? Still AWESOME, after all these years! Even a song like ‘Bowie’, which was a once a creative lark, is now a song of soulful passion – a valentine to a man they and we love(d), who once fell to earth, but is now back in the stars, forever orbiting in greatness.

Maybe one day someone will write a song about how great the Flight of the Conchords are. That would be some mighty meta stuff there – meta world peace yo!

Setlist
Spoiler:
[url=Source][/url]
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:55 pm
YAY NIGEL!!! :#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#: :#excited#:

Oh yeah, and those other two losers. :#haha#:

I'm going to refrain from looking at any vids or setlists or possible spoilers. I don't think this would be the case if I wasn't seeing them in about a week.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:03 pm
onlyalways wrote:Oh yeah, and those other two losers. :#haha#:
:#love3#: :#love3#: :#love3#:

I'm going to refrain from looking at any vids or setlists or possible spoilers. I don't think this would be the case if I wasn't seeing them in about a week.
I'll make sure I post all spoilery type stuff under spoiler tags. :#thumbsup#:

Are photos spoilery? No, unless they're wearing :#quotes#: special :#quotes#: outfits right? :#evilgrin#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:25 pm
Amily wrote:Are photos spoilery? No, unless they're wearing :#quotes#: special :#quotes#: outfits right? :#evilgrin#:

You know the drill. :#lol#:
blondesnotbombs

Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:35 pm
Looking at that setlist...

Spoiler:

I can't resist looking at setlists (I'm weak), but I'll be avoiding videos and "
spoilery"
material too. :#happyyes#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:54 pm
blondesnotbombs wrote:I can't resist looking at setlists (I'm weak), but I'll be avoiding videos and "
spoilery"
My first show is in 23 days. There's no way I can resist anything. :#sadno#: Maybe if I didn't run this board and need to post stuff so people will come visit it would be easier. :#haha#: Probably not though. Sad
blondesnotbombs

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:50 pm
Amily wrote:
blondesnotbombs wrote:I can't resist looking at setlists (I'm weak), but I'll be avoiding videos and "
spoilery"
My first show is in 23 days. There's no way I can resist anything. :#sadno#: Maybe if I didn't run this board and need to post stuff so people will come visit it would be easier. :#haha#: Probably not though. Sad

You're too good to us! :#glomp#: :#angel#: :#blowkiss#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:32 am
From the 3rd night. :#heart#:

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords 13328989_1104701019572863_1320938747_n.jpg
[url=source][/url]
blondesnotbombs

Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:13 pm
:#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:24 am
From last night (4th show)

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords 13388722_846080448857499_865036579_n.jpg
[url=source][/url]

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords 13277554_701928823283549_1312067164_n.jpg
[url=source][/url]

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords 13320310_592063584297039_1038527405_n.jpg
[url=source][/url]

From the 3rd night.

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords 13398782_1606383426339768_1214010479_n.jpg
[url=source][/url]
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:58 pm
I just noticed this, but what are they sitting on? Their amps?? :#haha#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:06 pm
onlyalways wrote:I just noticed this, but what are they sitting on? Their amps?? :#haha#:
I was wondering the same thing! :#lol#:

From tonight. Their last show at The McKittrick Hotel and now the tour starts in 3 days! :#wah#:

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords 13402367_971786662938574_159880406_n.jpg
[url=source][/url]

The McKittrick Hotel presents - Flight of the Conchords 13398483_1735854433366510_2106676_n.jpg
[url=source][/url]

And a video [url=video][/url] of them waving and leaving the stage at the end of the night. :#love3#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:49 am
The sheep in the background of the second photo. :#love3#:
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:09 pm
onlyalways wrote:I just noticed this, but what are they sitting on? Their amps?? :#haha#:
I think they're just crude wooden stools/boxes? Have seen similar things in Austin.

Been seeing the reposts on Instagram, so was like, oh yeah, I bet people are posting on the board again! :#idea#: :#haha#:

:#excited#: :#excited2#: :#excited#: :#excited2#: :#excited#: :#excited2#: :#excited#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:15 pm
:#idea#: :#blowkiss#:

I was hoping flighties would start trickling in. Smile (As if I've been back on much before you. :#haha#: )
bettr
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:41 am
gezyka wrote:
I think they're just crude wooden stools/boxes? Have seen similar things in Austin.

Been seeing the reposts on Instagram, so was like, oh yeah, I bet people are posting on the board again! :#idea#: :#haha#:

:#excited#: :#excited2#: :#excited#: :#excited2#: :#excited#: :#excited2#: :#excited#:

Hello, everyone! Got on to see if there were any photos from the McKittrick and saw this question and wanted to chime in! They are sitting on cajónes, which they use as percussion throughout the show.

I attended the Friday night show, but we were right up front and I was freaking out about getting kicked out for having my phone out so I didn't risk photos. (Sorry! Sad ) Jemaine joked with the audience that if he saw someone taking a picture, he would steal their phone, take a picture of his dick to text to their mother, and then smash the evidence. Haha.

So excited for everyone to see them this year!! They were relaxed, laughing a lot, and really enjoying performing. It was very surreal being in a tiny venue, after seeing the stages get larger and selling out since 2008. My mom came up to visit my boyfriend and I and attend too, and she ended up running into Bret in the bathroom hallway while he was rushing to the stage. She was shocked into speechlessness and said he gave her a big smile. Thought that was a cute moment. :#heart#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:37 pm
It's so great to see you here bettr! Always nice to see some old user names logging in after so many years and to know that we all still love the guys just as much as ever! :#love3#:

That must have been an amazing experience seeing them in such a small setting. I could only dream! :#loveeyes#: No worries about the pictures, I know it's because Jemaine is mean. :#haha#: :#rasp#:

Sounds like an awesome night. Thank you so much for sharing with us! :#hug#: If any more pictures do surface they'll definitely be posted here. :#happyyes#:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum