Go down
introinter2003
Considering second-hand underpants

Coming out Empty Coming out

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:29 am
Hi, my name is introinter2003 (I know horrid username) aka LobecusR, i´m been lurking around here for a very long time, and I´ve just decided to come out because I´ve grown tired of feeling like a creepy stalker on the shadows. I would have de-lurke before, but I´m very shy about my lack of English language skills so I apologize from this moment for all the present, future and past stabs that i could take on your language.
I´ve arrived here thanks to emira, who catched me on twitter after one of my first tweets (naming Taika), and soon followed Stella 14. I totally love FOTC, although i´ve discovered them quite late (the air the series here, but it was translated and the result was eeek, the I got to see it in english and it was much better). I love Taika Waititi too, whom I discoverd after FOTC. What more can I say? Oh yes: I´m 37 in july, and were totally ashamed of my ridicously crush with a certain guy many times named here (I´d never been this kind of person), but talking to emira and Stella has been like some kind of AA meeting to me, confessing my sins, and being embraced by other sinners. :#lol#:
Well looks like fotcmb is full of sinners too, so i think i´ll feel like home here. One year ago I would call a fool to anyone who could dare to say that I would be reading a (many pages) forum entry about a man´s booty, well, life is sometimes strange.

Oh and i´m in northern Spain (so no bullfights or flamenco here, we´re totally into pipes and eatin´ octopus)

Hope we will share our mental illness ´round here guys!!!
emira
emira

Coming out Empty Re: Coming out

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 am
Hi! Welcome! :#excited#:

I'm happy you felt comfortable enough to write your first post here. :#glomp#: And how do feel after doing it? :;
): Don't worry about your English. I edit my posts many times and correct mistakes I find and still native English speakers here are so lovely that I've never heard a word of complaint about my English. :#lol#:

introinter2003 wrote:I´ve arrived here thanks to emira, who catched me on twitter after one of my first tweets (naming Taika), and soon followed Stella 14.

Sorry about that :#shy#: Poor Stella. I found her via YouTube. I feel like a spider catching unaware flies in my web. :#stirthepot#:

I´m 37 in july, and were totally ashamed of my ridicously crush with a certain guy many times named here (I´d never been this kind of person), but talking to emira and Stella has been like some kind of AA meeting to me, confessing my sins, and being embraced by other sinners. :#lol#:
Well looks like fotcmb is full of sinners too, so i think i´ll feel like home here. One year ago I would call a fool to anyone who could dare to say that I would be reading a (many pages) forum entry about a man´s booty, well, life is sometimes strange.

:#rofl#: We're doomed. :#evilgrin#:

Here's your illness, doctors and the medicine at the same time:

[align=center:1zadg3dk]Coming out Tumblr_lmjleqb6oN1qksiqko1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1307809928&Signature=S%2B%2FNw94drRg6Z3wTGxdQkkNXkAI%3D[/align:1zadg3dk]

:;
D: Welcome again. You can call me Sylwia here Smile

:#heart#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:42 pm
I see Syl is recruiting an army. :#haha#: :#glomp#:

Welcome! Happy to celebrate your coming out party. :;
D: I love how now people are becoming fans of Taika first, then exposed to FOTC. For a lot of us here it was the opposite!

Anyway, welcome again and feel free to just jump in whenever wherever!
introinter2003

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:26 am
emira wrote:Hi! Welcome! :#excited#:

I'm happy you felt comfortable enough to write your first post here. :#glomp#: And how do feel after doing it? I feel good, i´m released, I think I´ll spend nice moments around here. I´ve laughted a lot reading many entries, so I´m happy that I can become part of the party Smile

): Don't worry about your English. I edit my posts many times and correct mistakes I find and still native English speakers here are so lovely that I've never heard a word of complaint about my English. :#lol#:

I´ll try my best (which is still not enought i´m afaraid ), and everybody: feel free to correct me and to point my faults if u want, I´ll learn faster

I feel like a spider catching unaware flies in my web. :#stirthepot#:
Oh yes, you are totally a very effective fli(gthi)es hunter Razz

:#rofl#: We're doomed. :#evilgrin#:
And we will go to FOTC hell??: ok I jump this wagon!!!

[align=center:hcgyn4fh]Coming out Tumblr_lmjleqb6oN1qksiqko1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1307809928&Signature=S%2B%2FNw94drRg6Z3wTGxdQkkNXkAI%3D[/align:hcgyn4fh]

Oh yeaaaah, I need to see a Doctor, I´m badly ill, please mr. doctor would you help me? I´m so bad in a need of a personal treatment :#loveeyes#: #loveeyes

You can call me Sylwia here Smile
Ok, you (everybody) can call me Mon, everybody calls me like this (my complete name is Montserrat, but it´s as tricky as introinter2003)

thank fro the warm wellcome :#blowkiss#:
introinter2003

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:32 am
onlyalways wrote:I see Syl is recruiting an army. :#haha#: :#glomp#:

D: I love how now people are becoming fans of Taika first, then exposed to FOTC. For a lot of us here it was the opposite!

Oh i drove u to mistake, I log in twitter because I was following Taika and David Lynch for a while, and decided that would be nice to be able to interact, but I knew before FOTC, then I saw EvsS (which I loved a lot) and then joined twitter, where Sylwia found me Smile

I hope I´ll start to participate soon, but this is the first forum I join, so I´m getting familiar with settings and so.

Thank u for the warm wellcome
introinter2003

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:57 am
onlyalways wrote:I see Syl is recruiting an army. :#haha#: :#glomp#:

I still don´t know how to edit, but I just forgot about something in the previous reply: :#blowkiss#: that´s what I wanted to tell Smile
emira
emira

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:12 am
:#love3#:

Hello, Mon!

introinter2003 wrote:I still don´t know how to edit

Don't worry, you'll learn pretty fast. It was my first forum I've joined as well. If you need any help, [url=here][/url] is a sub-board with support or you can just ask me, Courtney (onlyalways) or Ami.

For any instant messages, you can use shoutbox below.

introinter2003 wrote:
I feel like a spider catching unaware flies in my web. :#stirthepot#:
Oh yes, you are totally a very effective fli(gthi)es hunter Razz

I see what you did there :#lol#: :#love3#:
luckym
My shadow played a bass clarinet

Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:00 pm
Welcome, Mon! I'm glad you've decided to de-lurk! :#aziz#:

Please don't worry about your English skills - you're doing quite well so far! Besides, like Sylwia said, none of the native English speakers here really mind mistakes anyway. Smile
chrissycubana
Caribbean Lady

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:19 pm
Welcome to the board!!!

I'm still learning how to post correctly, and I've been here awhile Smile . Just try things out - that's what I (still) do!
:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:02 pm
Welcome Mon! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:

Like others, I'm glad you decided to come out of hiding. :;
D: It's a pretty quiet time here right now as the Conchords are currently working on other projects but I hope that won't discourage you from hanging around and talking with us when there is stuff to talk about. We do our best to keep everyone up to date on all that is Bret, Jemaine and all of their friends. Smile

As for your english, it's looking pretty good to me. :#thumbsup#: No worries ok? :#hug#:

I hope you enjoy it here and soon think of it as your home on the web. Smile

:#heart#: Ami from Canada
introinter2003

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 am
luckym wrote:Welcome, Mon! I'm glad you've decided to de-lurk! :#aziz#:

Please don't worry about your English skills - you're doing quite well so far! Besides, like Sylwia said, none of the native English speakers here really mind mistakes anyway. Smile

Thank u very much for your warm wellcome :#blowkiss#: . And the guy on your profile pic, amazing, he looks a lot like a guy I know, and it isn´t the kind of face that u see that often!
introinter2003

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:45 am
chrissycubana wrote:Welcome to the board!!!

I'm still learning how to post correctly, and I've been here awhile Smile . Just try things out - that's what I (still) do!
:#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:

Thank u for the encouragement! With all these cheerleaders cheering me up I must start trying things as soon as posible. I´ve laughted a lot reading your posts during my lurker phase. Lover your avatar with all these cuba hoodies

Thank u for the warm wellcome :#blowkiss#:

Last edited by 908 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
introinter2003

Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am
Amily wrote:Welcome Mon! :#cheer#: :#cheer#: :#cheer#:

Like others, I'm glad you decided to come out of hiding. :;
D:

Thank u! :#blowkiss#: I´m glad i´ve finally decide it too :;
):

It's a pretty quiet time here right now as the Conchords are currently working on other projects but I hope that won't discourage you from hanging around and talking with us when there is stuff to talk about. We do our best to keep everyone up to date on all that is Bret, Jemaine and all of their friends. Smile

Yes, I see, it´s like coming late to a big party, but I still can hang around with the most hardcore partygoers, so that´s fine

As for your english, it's looking pretty good to me. :#thumbsup#: No worries ok? :#hug#:

Aaaww thak u very much :#heart#:

I hope you enjoy it here and soon think of it as your home on the web. Smile

I know I will!
emira
emira

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:36 am
introinter2003 wrote:Yes, I see, it´s like coming late to a big party, but I still can hang around with the most hardcore partygoers, so that´s fine

D:
introinter2003

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:32 am
emira wrote:
introinter2003 wrote:Yes, I see, it´s like coming late to a big party, but I still can hang around with the most hardcore partygoers, so that´s fine

D:

hahahaha :#rofl#:

Oh How I loved that one!!! And the pouty Jemaine at the end, poor little thing!! :#hug#:
felty
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 am
Welcome Montserrat Smile

As one of the wiltier of the wall flowers I deeply appreciate the vibrancy, inclusiveness and creativity that this community exhibits that compells people to interact and share thier gifts. Maybe it's just the nature of FotC to attract special people but just knowing such a confluence of such interesting, warm people exists gives me deep fortification and resiliencey in the face of the grey dross life chucks in yer face.

Felty
emira
emira

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:59 am
Dear Felty,

On my behalf and probably the rest of the members of this community let me give you some hugs

[align=center:j3zl1r32]:#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#:
:#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#:
:#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#:
:#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: [/align:j3zl1r32]

and show some love :#love3#:

:#angel#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#:

There.

Now back to Mon. Hi, Mon! :#wave#:
introinter2003

Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:49 am
felty wrote:Welcome Montserrat Smile

As one of the wiltier of the wall flowers I deeply appreciate the vibrancy, inclusiveness and creativity that this community exhibits that compells people to interact and share thier gifts. Maybe it's just the nature of FotC to attract special people but just knowing such a confluence of such interesting, warm people exists gives me deep fortification and resiliencey in the face of the grey dross life chucks in yer face.

Felty

Hi Felty! thank you very much for your welcome. I´ve had a bit difficult time reading your post, because I´m not that skilled when it comes about english language, but i think i´ve finally got the meaning of your words. I share with you the feeling of amazingness about the people on the board, and the quirkiness of, us, the FotC´s lovers (and for quirkiness I mean the quality of being lovely freaky about lovely freakies that do quirky lovely music and series and such :;
D: ) Hope that makes sense

Even I´m a newbie here I´ve realized that between board members it flows a lot of good feelings, love and friendship, and I find it very inspiring too. :#hug#:

I look after see u around here further :#blowkiss#:

Oh and hi Silwya!!!! :#blowkiss#:
felty

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:36 am
I definitely am of a like mind in regards to the lovely freakies. I genuinely do feel FotC has the most vivacious, outgoing fans, so much so that I'm perfectly content to be a fringe dweller. Reading the marvellously entertaining contributions here has givin me at least as much pleasure as FotC themselves. Hopefully the Conchords shall tour again sometime in the not too distant future then you too can share in the overwhelming vibrancy and borderline euphoria that positively effervesces off the bubbling excitement. I don't know if it's a unique sensation as this is the first fan community that I've participated in to any degree but the inner smile I had all during the last tour warms me to this day.

I even derive a certain enjoyment from the threads about boy butts though I can't fathom the appeal. Everyone knows that's where cooties comes from.

Also, I must apologise for my less than orthodox english, I should have endevoured to be more coherent. I'm guilty of lapsing into the colloquil and my spelling and grammar has a tendancy to get a bit fast and loose. Still, I'm uncomfortable trying to simplify my gibberish too much, afraid of lapsing into percieved condesencion. (To be fair, native english speakers find me fairly impenetrable too sometimes)

I love your use of language, vivid, adventurous, fun, lacking some of the inhibition inherent in over familiarity Smile You only omit some of the boring betweeny junk anyways, gives you a streamlined feel Razz ]

Thanks to you too Emira, I appreciate your role as lighthouse keeper here. The emotes of the blue smiley interfering with the yellow smiley were particulary endearing. My sentiments might seem gratuitous but I assure everyone that theyre heartfelt, I just dont have the equipment for plain speech.
emira
emira

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 am
felty wrote:Thanks to you too Emira, I appreciate your role as lighthouse keeper here.

What a beautiful comparison! :#cloud9#:

And because I lack of such flow of English words that would bring a proper meaning,
here's some more :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#angel#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:14 am
This page is making my heart burst.

I don't know what to say either.

felty :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#: :#blowkiss#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:38 pm
Felty!!!! :#cry#: :#love3#: :#cry#:

Mon, Felty is our one male Flighty and he is just wonderful as I'm sure you can tell. :;
D:

Thank you for the kind words Felty, I'm happy to know you feel the way you to about the board. Don't think this place would be the same without ya. :#hug#:
introinter2003

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:29 am
felty wrote:I definitely am of a like mind in regards to the lovely freakies. I genuinely do feel FotC has the most vivacious, outgoing fans, so much so that I'm perfectly content to be a fringe dweller.

Yes, yes, and yes Sir, I´m with U about this

Hopefully the Conchords shall tour again sometime in the not too distant future then you too can share in the overwhelming vibrancy and borderline euphoria that positively effervesces off the bubbling excitement.

I wish they would tour again, but i´m pretty sure that they wouldn´t come to Spain, as they aren´t that popular here, and then there is the language barrier too. For me, would be quite difficult to catch the pulse to a live show too...maybe I must get ready now that I have time enought, and get some UK/USA erasmus dude (student exchange program), or even some mormon XDDD (they offer free conversation classes here, in order to catch some followers). Practice makes perfection eh? :#haha#:
Anyhow, you´re right, even if I couldn´t attend any gig, I would welcome a tour just for the shake of living the excitation here in the board. :#excited#:

I don't know if it's a unique sensation as this is the first fan community that I've participated in to any degree but the inner smile I had all during the last tour warms me to this day.

Same here, my first fan community ever, and my first experience about fandom (at least as an adult, grown woman) :#sadlove#:

I even derive a certain enjoyment from the threads about boy butts though I can't
fathom the appeal. Everyone knows that's where cooties comes from.

I can tell u that I´ve laughed like a fool about some of the most "
come out tune"
comments, people here are witty enough to make the lewdest comment in an enjoyable way, and I find it very funny. I love seeing the girls going nuts about the guys butts and such, as I go nuts too on the inside...but I´m still too shy to express myself about this, I´m afraid that my "
streamline feel"
, as u said, could go too streamlined for a lady of my age :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#:

Also, I must apologise for my less than orthodox english, I should have endevoured to be more coherent. I'm guilty of lapsing into the colloquil and my spelling and grammar has a tendancy to get a bit fast and loose.

Not really, it´s my fault

Still, I'm uncomfortable trying to simplify my gibberish too much, afraid of lapsing into percieved condesencion. (To be fair, native english speakers find me fairly impenetrable too sometimes)

U have to write/talk the way u feel confortable and natural with, anyhow, if I have any problem understending your posts, i can always ask for some sidelight eh (please?) Smile

I love your use of language, vivid, adventurous, fun, lacking some of the inhibition inherent in over familiarity Smile You only omit some of the boring betweeny junk anyways, gives you a streamlined feel Razz ]

OMG OMG OMG this is the kindest and loveliest way to tell somebody "
your english sucks, but I don´t mind if U talk like Tarzan"
:#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#rofl#: :#iheartu#:

Thanks to you too Emira, I appreciate your role as lighthouse keeper here.

Same here Sylwia :#blowkiss#:

The emotes of the blue smiley interfering with the yellow smiley were particulary endearing. My sentiments might seem gratuitous but I assure everyone that theyre heartfelt, I just dont have the equipment for plain speech.

Oooooh stop it, stop it :#cry#:

EDIT: YES, I´M THAT DUMB. I CAN´T USE THE "
QUOTE"
OPTION PROPERLY Sad
introinter2003

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:46 am
Mon, Felty is our one male Flighty and he is just wonderful as I'm sure you can tell. :;
D:

The only one? Really? I have always thought that FOTC guys are the kind of guys that boys want as buddies, girls want as boyfriends, and moms want as sons in law :;
D:
felty

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:21 am
There are a few other fellas who've graced the board but old Felty seems to be the only (semi)active one lately. B+J have many male fans I'm sure but I suspect some mans are probably reticent when it comes to displays of fanboyishness, the usual hangups in play. For me, I have deep admiration and gratitude for what they do and what they have done for me.

Most would probably classify me as introverted and undemonstrative, not particulary effusive. FotC and the community were such rich gifts that I felt only natural to give back something, even my own meager contributions. You see, my life had lapsed into a dreary grey funk. My work was suffocatingly tedious and was poisoning my life, robbed me of any zeal, ossified my spirit if you'll excuse the fancy. I was groaning under the burden of dissillusionment, cynicism and what I can only call a deadly malaise.

I stumbled across a FotC track one day, I think it was Bowie or Robots, it doesnt matter which. Instantly I was captivated, it wasnt just the amazing chemistry, showmanship and musicianship that got me. What lay at the heart of it was the pure lack of cynicism, the humility and genuine good nature that informed all that I saw. It was so simple, but so compellingly honest, but also so intricately woven. I find myself groping for words to describe how it touched me, it was like the sun at last.

The laughter and untarnished joy welling up in me was revelatory. There was still some pure things in the world, laughter, unsullied with a hint of spite, performance for the joy of sharing, edifying, entertaining. Noone was the butt of the jokes and yet I could identify with the jabs they took at themselves. Learning grace was still alive and manifest in the songs of these two was enough for me.

I thought to percieve similar joys in the reactions of other people around the world. The ebullience of thier outpourings just deepened and enriched my appreciation for them. And so I'm here, typing this unbearable gushiness. Part of me quavers at sharing something so deeply personal but the nature of FotC and what they mean to people demands I relinquish this much of myself.

Bleh, I feel rude now for having hijacked your introthread with my orgy of sentimentality. I better post now before it dies in the clipboard.

Last edited by 768 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum