The music of FOTC: Freak out with your geek out!

+14
sheila
Ami
laura
LadyinRed
hellomyfriend
sargifster
flippintalene7
talkkiwitome
tanfastic
chrissycubana
caiknbake
nikki78
gezyka
18 posters
Go down
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

The music of FOTC: Freak out with your geek out! - Page 3 Empty The music of FOTC: Freak out with your geek out!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:33 pm

emira wrote:
sheila wrote:

[flash=350,287:l7x9jeq4]https://www.youtube.com/v/Y_7foC40SP4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:l7x9jeq4]

[align=center:l7x9jeq4] ;<br />D ;
)[/align:l7x9jeq4]

Is Beck a comedy-parody act as well? ;<br />D ;
)

he is not ... but i def hear a lot of beck in fotc.
emira
emira

The music of FOTC: Freak out with your geek out! - Page 3 Empty The music of FOTC: Freak out with your geek out!

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:26 pm

sheila wrote:
emira wrote:

Is Beck a comedy-parody act as well? ;<br />D ;
)

he is not ... but i def hear a lot of beck in fotc.

sorry, that was irony [image]
emira
emira

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:48 pm
I've been reluctant with practicing playing the guitar recently and pretty lazy after winter holiday [image] . I couldn't force myself to studying the notes or just simply stretching my hands etc. :Smile

Today I took a FOTC songbook to my guitar class to ask my teacher to crack the chords for me. He admitted they aren't that simple when it comes to explaining them;
a lot of #s and 7s :-/ but when he started doing it and struck some chords for "
Think about it"
without even knowing the song, I just jumped inside [image] or even blushed with excitement and my reluctance has gone [image] .

So actually, this post is just about the power of even individually flying chords and the multiplied power of the chords played together. [image] [image] [image]

ADD

Oh, the chords that sound together best:

[image] [image] + [image] [image] = [image]

[align=right:7y5xaonm]Am I too obvious? [image] [/align:7y5xaonm]

Last edited by 676 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
emira
emira

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:54 am

[size=133:xv36r9tu]How do they rate themselves as musicians?

"
Bret's better than I am, and I'm worse than Bret is,"
says Clement.

"
And I think we're both just above mediocre,"
says McKenzie.
[url=source][/url]

[image] ;<br />D [image]

[size=100:xv36r9tu]...“
but we’
re still technically a band,”
McKenzie says.

Film-maker Gemma Gracewood, a Wellington neighbour and bandmate of McKenzie’
s in the Wellington Ukulele Orchestra, agrees.

"
Their musical and songwriting prowess is stunning. If you put the gags aside and just listen to the composition of the songs, two guys on guitars, without a drum kit, with a full venue dancing to them –
not just laughing along, but actually grooving to the music …
I think that’
s one of the biggest keys to their success, but it sits behind the comedy.

"
You listen to one of their songs and there are shades of Bowie, shades of the Velvet Underground, the Beatles. They know their music. There’
s a real magic there.
[url=source][/url]

I agree with Gemma [image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:03 pm

emira wrote:I've been reluctant with practicing playing the guitar recently and pretty lazy after winter holiday [image] . I couldn't force myself to studying the notes or just simply stretching my hands etc. :Smile

Today I took a FOTC songbook to my guitar class to ask my teacher to crack the chords for me. He admitted they aren't that simple when it comes to explaining them;
a lot of #s and 7s :-/ but when he started doing it and struck some chords for "
Think about it"
without even knowing the song, I just jumped inside [image] or even blushed with excitement and my reluctance has gone [image] .

So actually, this post is just about the power of even individually flying chords and the multiplied power of the chords played together. [image] [image] [image]

ADD

Oh, the chords that sound together best:

[image] [image] + [image] [image] = [image]

[align=right:byslv1kf]Am I too obvious? [image] [/align:byslv1kf]

[image]

Congratulations on jumping back in. [image] Now you're that much closer to starting an FotC tribute band. ;<br />D

emira
emira

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:58 pm
^^ maybe some day... ;<br />D

[size=100:m1uxhx7j] Is it fair to describe your music as a hybrid form that parodies folk music and other genres?
[image] I would describe our music as weird. I mean, I wouldn’
t want to listen to it.
[url=NYTimes][/url]
Sponsored content

The music of FOTC: Freak out with your geek out! - Page 3 Empty Re: The music of FOTC: Freak out with your geek out!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum