Go down
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Season 2 on NZ TV? Empty Season 2 on NZ TV?

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:26 am

[size=133:acg6l28p]Conchords fans in for a wait till new show airs
By GREER McDONALD and KELLY BURNS - The Dominion Post | Tuesday, 20 January 2009

[size=100:acg6l28p]While the latest billboard featuring Flight of the Conchords soars above Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles as the new series is launched, eager Kiwi fans will have to wait again.

The second series of the HBO show, featuring Wellington comedy duo Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie as they try to make it big in New York City, began in the United States on Sunday.

However, Kiwi audiences will face a delay before they can see it after a Prime TV spokeswoman confirmed it has secured rights to the 10-part series, but will not say when it will appear on New Zealand screens.

"
They are going to be showing series two sometime this year,"
she said. "
It will definitely be coming on soon."

Kiwis had to wait four months in 2007 when series one first aired in the US and Canada. They also missed out on a special online viewing of the first episode in the new series in December after international viewers were denied entry to the US-based site that was offering it.

Clement and McKenzie have previously said that series two could be the final season for the show as the pair look to pursue other interests.

The second series had mixed reviews in US media, with Variety TV saying the show remained a "
rare bird"
floating between being "
wildly clever and merely odd"

Time said the scripts were funny and tightly written but the songs not as memorable as last season. The Los Angeles Times called it "
fundamentally good-natured, if never what you'd call cheerful - except during musical fantasy interludes"
. "
More laughs have never come from such a lack of effort,"
wrote the San Francisco Chronicle. "
Flight of the Conchords remains one of the funniest series on television."
Source:

Last edited by 187 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
conchorddawn
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:59 pm
Thanks for this!

We have to wait? Typical :-/
pukeko
There's nothin' wrong

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:23 pm
WHY??

Maybe they have to send it via penguin post. You know, where they strap the tapes to the back of a penguin and point it vaguely in our direction. That is the only logical explaination.

Hey ConchordDawn! Nice to see another Kiwi about the place ;<br />D
conchorddawn
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:50 pm
Heya!

LOL! Yeah, that would make sense. 8-)

I hope we don't have to wait as long this time coming. I think I'll end up bursting into dust from anticipation ;<br />D
pukeko
There's nothin' wrong

Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:05 pm
I wouldn't rely on Prime. Or NZ TV execs in general. Maybe it would be a good idea to have someone on standby with the vacuum cleaner.

Actually I was kind of hoping TV 3 would get the rights, they seemed pretty keen, at least.
gezyka
gezyka

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:33 pm
From [url=http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10553027&pnum=0:owi1nob5]this article[/url:owi1nob5]:

[size=100:owi1nob5]... The second series will screen in New Zealand on Prime later this year ...

Last edited by 187 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
pukeko
There's nothin' wrong

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:29 am
In case anyone was wondering how I feel about the wait we have to endure down here -->
[image] [image] [image]

Seriously, this is not cool. I'm considering taking drastic action. Like stomping up to Prime headquarters and making a sad face. And my sad face is not to be messed with.

And the ratings for the series will probably suck again, because anyone who wanted to see it would've staked out YouTube.

Erm, <
/rant>
:-[
gezyka
gezyka

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:13 pm

[size=133:rzvxh5ky]Conchords' popularity soaring
The Dominion Post | Wednesday, 25 February 2009

[size=100:rzvxh5ky]Wellington's Flight of the Conchords will again touch down in New Zealand from March 9, with the second season of their comedy series airing on Prime.

The 10-part series, filmed and set in New York, began screening in the United States last month. Last week it achieved its highest ratings for the season when it was watched by an estimated 826,000 viewers on HBO. Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie's first season was nominated for four Emmy Awards last year.

A documentary Flight of the Conchords: On Air, by Wellington film-maker Hannah Clarke, who is McKenzie's partner, will screen before the first episode. ...
Source:
gezyka
gezyka

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:35 pm

[size=133:y7473gsp]On a return Flight
10:38AM Thursday Mar 05, 2009

[size=100:y7473gsp]New Zealand's most successful failures, Bret and Jemaine, return to TV this week with the second series of Flight of the Conchords.

Picking up where they left off last season, the boys are still up to stuff all in New York, while their manager, Murray, is living the high life following the success of the Crazy Doggz.

Those who saw last year's final will recall that the Doggz were formed by Bret and Jemaine's former bandmates, who they ditched after reforming the band.

Although some people may never get the duo's quirky musical comedy, fans will be pleased to know that this follow-up is just as silly as the original - complete with songs about women-only toothpaste, prostitution and dogs with epilepsy.

This second season is a 10-parter that the pair have said may well be the last, as they'll be knuckling down to write a batch of new tunes that will feature on their second full-length album.

As well as the supporting cast from the first series, the second will feature a few cameos, including Alan Dale as the Australian ambassador and Randy Jones, who is best known as the original cowboy in the Village People - whether he helps out on new Conchords song Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor is not clear. Those wanting to know more about the Wellington pair's rise to fame, should tune into Prime an hour early for the documentary Flight of the Conchords: On Air.

Made by Wellington film-maker Hannah Clarke, the doco follows the boys experiences in America before and after the screening of the HBO series, including candid interviews with both the stars and those closest to them, tracking their rise to international cultdom.

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS

When: Monday, 9.30pm
Where: Prime
What: All those awards and now a second season to boot
Source:
Sponsored content

Season 2 on NZ TV? Empty Re: Season 2 on NZ TV?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum