Go down
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Why are so many of their fans women? Empty Why are so many of their fans women?

Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:56 pm
Tons of men love FOTC, but most of their fans seem to be women. At their shows: women, women, women. Online: women, women, women.

And I have no idea why. Are women just more likely to go fanatic over them while men appreciate them in a more restrained way? Any guesses? ???

Last edited by 57 on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:18 am
This is a viry good question Nikki... alas one I do not have the answer to.

I guess women just can't resister their charm.. The only things I can come with at the moment is they're cute, they sing songs about girls and not getting them, they're uber sweet, funny (most attractive quality in a man to me).... among other things.   Very Happy

Last edited by Ami on Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:20 am
Oh and they have sixy accents!

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:33 am
I think guys are just a little more restrained in fandom in general. I guess I am a little different in that I do not mind saying exactly what's on my mind at any time   Cheesy smile
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:48 am
I asked my bf if he loved FOTC enough to buy a t-shirt ...

Him: "Yeah, but ... I'd feel weird wearing it."

Me: "Why would you feel weird?"

Him: "Because they're still active and touring and everything."

Me: "So if they were 80 years old and retired, you'd wear their shirt?"

Him: "Yeah."

Me: "Is this one of those hipster things where you pretend you're not into what other people are into?"

Him: "Pretty much ... yeah. *laughing*"

So maybe women are less afraid of looking like dorks?
ines
Let's boom the boom

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:23 am
hellomyfriend wrote:Tons of men love FOTC, but most of their fans seem to be women.  At their shows: women, women, women.  Online: women, women, women.

And I have no idea why. Are women just more likely to go fanatic over them while men appreciate them in a more restrained way?  Any guesses?   ???  

It's sort of that thing where they aren't afraid to show their vulnerabilities. Like Dave stands at a party trying to look "lonely" to attract women. I think really they work it too. I mean Bret is so charming and charasmatic in person.

And Jemaine seems very sensitive.
SheWolf
Bowie's in space

Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:07 pm
rhymenocerous wrote:I think guys are just a little more restrained in fandom in general. I guess I am a little different in that I do not mind saying exactly what's on my mind at any time Very Happy

I was going to say the same thing.  I don't actually think they have more women fans than men I just think that, in general, men aren't online gushing about their merits.
alexandriaj22
I like to rock the party!

Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:20 pm
i think guys are just generally not as "gushy"about things as women.
most fan clubs are ran by women, most message boards by women, you get the idea.
my boyfriend is also very reluctant to admit his love, but once i turn the show on he's glued.

actually last night he said, while i was watching Mad Men, "Flight of the Conchords is so much better..." (that's like the ultimate compliment from him, LOL)
biadavila
Considering second-hand underpants

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:39 pm
alex wrote:i think guys are just generally not as "gushy" about things as women.

that's DEFINITELY true.  i'm totally obsessed with FOTC and Shwayze and i've gone to great lengths to meet both of them and i get ridiculous and giddy just thinking about it and i know my boyfriend would never be like that about anything.  i got to meet shwayze last night and my boyfriend said that he'd never seen me so happy.  we had a long conversation about how he can't think of anything like that that he'd travel to nyc or l.a. for and then scream about and blush and squeel whenever you talk about it.  men (most of them) just aren't very expressive about their feelings, especially for a band.
duttle
Lost but happy at sea

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:45 am
I pretty much agree with all that's been said and I personally enjoy the irony of being the boyfriend who gushes about the Conchords all the time and having a girlfriend who's also a pretty big fan but who isn't yearning for the next season/album of brand new material and who would never join a fan club/forum. She also doesn't have a crush on either one of them (unlike me who has a man crush on Jemaine). Hmm, *shrugs* Guess I'm the bitch and she's the butch Wink
nikki78
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:53 am
duttle wrote:I pretty much agree with all that's been said and I personally enjoy the irony of being the boyfriend who gushes about the Conchords all the time and having a girlfriend who's also a pretty big fan but who isn't yearning for the next season/album of brand new material and who would never join a fan club/forum. She also doesn't have a crush on either one of them (unlike me who has a man crush on Jemaine). Hmm, *shrugs* Guess I'm the bitch and she's the butch Wink

My husband loves the conchords as well, but doesn't gush about them quite like I do. He quotes their show and likes to listen to their records though. He would be thrilled to go to one of their shows and meet them in person... He just isn't the type to be "obsessed" about something.

Although he did tell my sister (jokingly... I think) that Bret was the sexy one. That made my day. Haha!
Sponsored content

Why are so many of their fans women? Empty Re: Why are so many of their fans women?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum