Go down
HollyBobz83
HollyBobz83
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Hello All... Empty Hello All...

Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:41 pm
I don't join forums these days but thought I'd show some appreciation for this lovely site.  It's great to browse through the history of Conchords and their friends so thanks for hard work that's gone into maintaining it!

Me; a UK long-time FOTC fan (since a lad at work came in one day buzzing about a new show on HBO with amazing comedy songs - me and my brothers were hooked very quickly).  Since then I've occasionally looked into what B & J were doing, and then they came to Manchester in 2018 and, how dare they, made me fall in love with them again. I'm mainly a Bret fan and love the vibe he and Jemaine have together more than any of their other work (sorry, Taika. He's cool too though).   That means life is very unfair for me since J is busy with films and vampire stuff and Bret hides most of the time, but I take what I can get Smile  Happy fan-girling, everyone.
Jimny_Firestorm2
Jimny_Firestorm2
Considering second-hand underpants

Hello All... Empty Re: Hello All...

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:41 am
Hello, I'm from the UK too Smile

It always makes me happier when Bret and Jemaine are doing stuff together, but I really love their individual projects too. I think it'd be really awesome if Bret and Taika worked together more, or all three of them. I think the only things I've ever seen with all three of them working together (unless I'm forgetting something), is FOTC TV show, and the mocumentary when Taika was playing their manager.
HollyBobz83
HollyBobz83

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:33 pm
Hi! Which city are you from?  Yeah I think the last thing Bret and Taika were in together (and Jemaine) was a charity video a few years ago....for some reason I can't post a link but it's on YouTube under "Team Ball Player Thing".  Maybe there's big, serious drama between them...or they just can't match their schedules to do something Smile
Jimny_Firestorm2
Jimny_Firestorm2

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:44 pm
Near Liverpool Smile
I think I remember seeing that now that you mention it. Was it the one that was similar to the Feel Inside (and stuff like that) charity single, but it had the All Blacks (I think) too?

HollyBobz83
HollyBobz83

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:20 pm
Nice, Liverpool is great.  Yeah, it's also got Peter Jackson in it - Jemaine tries to get him to make 'Gandalf, The Early Years' so he can star in it.  Jemaine says he has a new Bret, and Taika complains they should give up their charity efforts if Bret and a Fake Bret aren't going to get involved.  It's a fun video!
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:00 pm
Hey, just wanted to say welcome! I'm glad you decided to join AND that you rediscovered your love for FOTC. Smile

There are probably a lot of broken links on the site right now along with videos that don't play and pictures you can't see unfortunately. If you come across anything and you would like to see it just let me know, I can probably fix whatever is broken. This board has been through A LOT in the 12 years that it's been around. Like I said on Twitter, I'll slowly try to fix and clean up whatever I can, so I hope you're not disappointed once you start looking around.

I just wanted to mention all that, because this place used to once be buzzing with posts and people and it's just not so much anymore. There are a few of us who still log on but it's mostly just updates and not so much chatting but that being said, I hope everyone who does come here will please feel free to chat and post whatever they want. I'm just glad this thing still gets SOME action lol.

I'm from Canada and started this place only a couple of months after discovering FOTC because I wanted an outlet where I could just completely fangirl without judgement. My brother introduced me to the HBO show in late 2007 and it was all downhill from there lol. He likes to brag... "remember that one time when I introduced you to Flight of the Conchords and changed your life forever?"  Laughing  Not sure if I should be thanking him or cursing him out because my life really has not been the same since. Laughing I've been to the UK twice, in 2018 once to see FOTC in March... Bret broke his hand the day of the first of 5 shows we had tickets for... so we flew back in July and saw the 4 London shows. I loved the UK so much and can't wait to go back there one day.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Please enjoy our Bret section (which I'll be updating tonight) and anything else you might find. Oh and I gotta say too, it's always nice to see a Bret fan, as they seem to be more rare these days.

ETA:
I am also more a fan of Bret and Jemaine together than Taika and Jemaine. I LOVE Taika and I love what he and J do together but I found Bret and Jem first and that's who I fell in love with all those years ago. There is nothing better to me than when Bret and Jemaine are working and doing things together. I miss it a lot.
HollyBobz83
HollyBobz83

Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:46 pm
Hi, thanks for the nice welcome!  You deserve some kind of award from FOTC for your hard work and long service Smile Glad you enjoyed being over here for the shows when they finally happened; the cancellations were a bit of an inconvenience for me and my friends attending the Manchester gig but must have been so much worse for you coming overseas.  Poor Bret, glad he made a pretty quick recovery. I know other Bret fans offline,  maybe it's a quieter little army Smile   Fingers crossed he's around a bit more soon, though I don't blame him for living a chilled life in New Zealand.  I want a chilled life in New Zealand, dammit!
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:02 pm
HollyBobz83 wrote:Hi, thanks for the nice welcome!  You deserve some kind of award from FOTC for your hard work and long service Smile

Aww, thank you haha. Honestly, doing it has been rewarding in it's own way over the years. I've met so many cool people and made some really great, lifelong friends. So, that's more than I could ever ask for.  Love 3

Glad you enjoyed being over here for the shows when they finally happened; the cancellations were a bit of an inconvenience for me and my friends attending the Manchester gig but must have been so much worse for you coming overseas.  Poor Bret, glad he made a pretty quick recovery.

Oh yeah, it was quite inconvenient although, in hindsight I am glad I got to go the UK twice. Got to see more and do more. But I'm so glad Bret wasn't too seriously injured and like you said, made a quick recovery. It could have been a lot worse. The biggest inconvenience for us was getting all our ticket stuff sorted out. Once the dates changed and they rescheduled it didn't work out for us to go to all the same cities again in July as we'd planned for March. We had tickets for the Manchester gig originally, we even went to Manchester for the one night we originally planned, didn't see or do much just at the last minute attended a "Club Night of the Conchords". It was pretty fun, regardless of only getting to see Brent and Jerome instead of Bret and Jemaine.  Laughing

Hello All... AfYwiszl

I know other Bret fans offline,  maybe it's a quieter little army Smile   Fingers crossed he's around a bit more soon, though I don't blame him for living a chilled life in New Zealand.  I want a chilled life in New Zealand, dammit!

I know some more Bret fans too, they have just always been a little quieter and little more tame than Jemaine fans. Haha  And I think any of us here would love a chilled life in New Zealand. Very Happy
Jimny_Firestorm2
Jimny_Firestorm2

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:53 am
Some people were really horrible to Bret over that, like they had absolutely no sympathy at all for him. I know this is probably gonna sound super dumb but I was kinda thankful when he did that Muppets concert interview, just because I could see that he was happy and stuff.

I think I'm probably very slightly more of a Bret fan. They're definitely both my favourites, but like if I was forced to choose one of them, it'd probably be Bret Smile
HollyBobz83
HollyBobz83

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 pm
I wish I hadn't missed that Conchords night at Deaf Institute, sorry you didn't get to see the real things here but that looks fun at least!  It was great of course when they finally got here and they went down very well - Nigel got more than his fair share of cheering though (Bret said that soon they'll be opening gigs for Nigel Very Happy).     I do  have love for Jemaine too of course and his Twitter trolling gives me a lot of happiness in life Smile  I like that Bret isn't into social media but at the same time I'd love it if he popped up on there sometimes!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum