Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special Empty Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:11 pm
Jemaine Clement Confirms Flight of the Conchords HBO Special ...
TCA: The special will likely be filmed as the Conchords embark on a U.K. tour this spring.

It’s business time: “Flight of the Conchords” may be returning to your TV screen. Jemaine Clement, one half of the comedy music duo, told IndieWire on Friday that he and Bret McKenzie will indeed be filming a special this year for HBO.

Clement was light on the details, but it appears that the duo will be shooting the special for HBO timed to their upcoming U.K. concert tour. Clement and McKenzie, who previously did a series of American festival tour dates in 2016, will hit the U.K. and Ireland this March and April. Clement said the Conchords are now prepping for their return to the stage.

“It should be fun,” said Clement, who was at FX’s portion of the Television Critics Association press tour on Friday as part of the cast of “Legion.” “We’ve done some of it before, some of it will be new. Some of it we’ll be working on in the next few months.” HBO was not available for an immediate response to the news.

As for how the Conchords have evolved, “We’ve grown up,” he said. “We’re not the characters from the TV show, in real life we’re dads now and listen to different kinds of music. The trickiest thing about touring again is getting used to your instrument again. Usually, I take my guitar in the van on the way to work to get used to it.”

And the news is confirmed by HBO the following week!  Excited  Excited  Excited

Flight of the Conchords Announce New HBO Special
Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie’s hour-long show airs in May

Flight of the Conchords have officially confirmed that they will release a new HBO special in May. According to the cable network, the previously teased hour-long special will be taped during one of their shows in the United Kingdom this spring, during the duo’s “Flight of the Conchords Sing Flight of the Conchords Tour.” The show will feature old favorites as well as new original music. Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie’s original series for HBO premiered in 2007 and came to an end in 2009 after two season. Their last album, I Told You I Was Freaky, was released that same year.

Cheer Cheer Cheer Cheer

Last edited by Ami on Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:46 pm; edited 7 times in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special Empty Re: Flight of the Conchords HBO Special

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:44 pm
Upon purchasing tickets for the London Apollo shows (March 18-20) they had this disclaimer:

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special 2MLr0dV.jpg
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special Empty Flight of the Conchords: Live in London (2018)

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:43 pm
FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS: LIVE AT THE LONDON APOLLO DEBUTS SATURDAY, OCT. 6 ON HBO

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS: LIVE AT THE LONDON APOLLO will debut SATURDAY, OCT. 6 at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT), exclusively on HBO. Taped before a sold-out audience at the Eventim Apollo in London, musical comedians Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement return to HBO to perform their classics and new original songs from their “Flight of the Conchords Sing Flight of the Conchords Tour.”

The comedy special is directed by Hamish Hamilton; executive producers are Jemaine Clement, Bret McKenzie and Mike Martinovich.

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special MSTSkQ4

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special X3fv3GJ

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special UGwCpet

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special R0nA4ou
Source: HBO Press Room

Last edited by Ami on Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:28 am; edited 5 times in total
muffin
I'm making a lasagne... for one

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special Empty Re: Flight of the Conchords: Live at the London Apollo (HBO)

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:59 pm
There was a blind item on Crazy Days and Nights about a slutty touring musician who everyone on there thinks is Jemaine. lol
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special Empty Re: Flight of the Conchords: Live at the London Apollo (HBO)

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:33 pm
Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special N8zKf4C
mattdshane: Deep into @flightoftheconchords banter protools land we go with Mickey P at Hot Pie

Last edited by Ami on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special Empty Re: Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:43 pm
PREVIEW  

Last edited by Ami on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special Empty Re: Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:46 pm
Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special YQPkJDf

Last edited by Ami on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zara
Zara

Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:50 am
Gifs by HBO, I've embedded the transparant ones but others with backgrounds are available on [url=giphy][/url],

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special Giphy.gif

Zara
Zara

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:11 am
Clips from  HBO/Youtube

Ian and Deana

Complimentary Muffin banter

Hurt Feelings
Zara
Zara

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:41 am
Promo clips for the special:

Songwriting

Shake It Jemaine

More natural

Only on HBO

Out takes

Music for every situation

Stage Fright
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:07 pm
From hbo.com]hbo.com

Reuniting with Flight of the Conchords

Ahead of their new concert special, Flight of the Conchords: Live in London, Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement talk songwriting, touring and how they keep their friendship alive. Hint: it involves not murdering each other.

HBO: How would you describe your band?

Bret: There’s two of us in the band.

Jemaine: It’s a two-person band.

Bret: So it’s a lot of duets. Guitars, bass, piano singing, flute, a little bit of flute.

Jemaine: Xylophone. It sounds like there are eight people but it’s all done by us.

Bret: Any two of those instruments at the same time.

HBO: How long does it take to write a new song?

Bret: Takes us quite a long time. We’ve got some newish songs for the special.

Jemaine: It’s not that it takes us a long time, it’s more that we don’t play very often.

Bret: Yeah, we get together once or twice a year, maybe.

Jemaine: We sometimes see each other for pizza or for our kids’ playdates, but that’s on a personal level. As a band, less often.

Bret: The fastest one probably took about 6 years. It’s not that long if we condense the time of actually working on them. Probably about a few days.

HBO: What’s the secret to staying friends?

Jemaine: Don’t stab each other. Once you’ve gone over that line, it’s hard to come back. So if you’re in a band…

Bret: Don’t murder the other people in your band. That’s the longevity trick.

HBO: How is this show different from previous tours?

Bret: This is the first time we’ve filmed one of our concerts. We did a small live special a long time ago, but since then we’ve toured and developed a bigger live show with lighting and more instruments and a small orchestra.

HBO: What inspires your writing?

Bret: We’ve done quite a few songs now so it’s a matter of trying to write something we haven’t written. That’s why they’re getting quite weird. There’s a medieval one, that’s territory we haven’t covered before.

HBO: Do you still get nervous?

Bret: As long as we’ve done some practice it’s quite fun. It’s when we haven’t practiced and we try a song we don’t know it can be quite stressful, because they go quite badly.

Jemaine: But even they can be fun in a small audience.

Bret: The audience likes it more than we do.

Jemaine: That’s always their favorite bit. When we mess up.

Bret: But we’re actually trying to get it right. You’ll see if you watch the special we still make quite a lot of mistakes. We’re going to cut all those out.

Last edited by Ami on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:54 pm
Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special PoT584u
mattdshane: A year ago we were in bloody London Town filming and recording @flightoftheconchords Live In London for @hbo and @subpop cant believe it’s been a year already. Photo by the incomparable @rebeccatravis xx!!

Last edited by Ami on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimny_Firestorm2
Jimny_Firestorm2
Considering second-hand underpants

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:18 am
I love Live in London so much, it's kind of what I've always wanted, just like a video of one of their full length live shows. I really hope HBO release it on DVD/Blu-Ray at some point. I've got it on Amazon Prime, but it'd be awesome to have a physical copy Smile .
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:17 pm
I'd love a physical copy too... with extras.

One of the nights they filmed this, after the gig we were hanging around outside the venue waiting and hoping to give Bret and Jemaine a gift and maybe say hello or what not. Suddenly two guys come up to us asking for a lighter and it's Bret and Jemaine's manager Mike with Kumail Nanjiani LOL. One thing led to another and their manager asked me what we were doing outside and I told him just hoping to give the guys a gift. So, he tells us to wait because in a little while they'd be coming outside to take some pictures under the Apollo's marquee. The whole reason I bring this up though, is because not only did they do a photoshoot under the marquee, they also filmed some stuff. Like a little interview! Like. WHERE IS THAT FOOTAGE?????? I'd like to think if they released it on DVD/Blu-Ray that we'd get to see some of this stuff...

Here are a few photos from that night:

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special NDm3bEEl

Looking at @planetareej's fotc colouring books that she made. They are the gift I wanted to get to them so badly. She was supposed to see them play in London too before Bret had his tumble down the stairs but when the gigs were rescheduled she could no longer make it. So, it was my mission to at least give the guys the colouring books for her and it was a success thanks to their manager being so awesome to us.

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special TdbgQf3

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special GPDbb0g

Then after they met and took photos and talked with us they got down to business:

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special UhIQ3xC

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special Zmo681b

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special 5NQovtn

And while the guys were taking photos Eugene and Kumail walked by!  Wink  They were in a hurry so we didn't bother them but a friend snuck this quick picture!

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special RK1dJkBl

Pretty amazing night, so much happened haha but I'm still dying over knowing that all that stuff exists and someone has it but is not sharing it.  >Sad

Last edited by Ami on Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:20 pm
Jimny_Firestorm2 wrote:Wow, that's so awesome that you got see them and give them the colouring book, which looks amazing! I've seen planetareej's artwork on Twitter,  she's super talent, I wish she'd have been able to go to the show, but it was really awesome of you to get her colouring book to them. I really love all the photo's and video, and the fact they did a little interview gives me more hope that they might have a DVD release with some extras on it too, because surely there'd have to be a reason for them to do an interview, well, I'd hope so at least  ;D .

Thanks so much for sharing.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:21 pm
Some more promo photos.

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special UzmoRfH

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special 4qImmVO

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special HZxhV4Z
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:22 pm
Jimny_Firestorm2 wrote:I really love them sitting on the toy piano/ just the toy piano in general ;D . I don't think it's the same one as the one on the show though because I watched a YouTube video of it breaking, although I guess they could've fixed it maybe.

Ami wrote:Love the red piano also!! I do remember the day the original Little Red (as we called it) bit the dust, it was a sad day around here... so much so, that a couple of people here got together and bought Bret a new Little Red, as he had been using a white one after ~the incident~ and it just wasn't right to us! Laughing They were even lucky enough to get to give it to him in person after one of the shows in '09.

If you're curious....

Photo of Bret receiving the piano --> here

Recap from the person who gave it to him --> here

Jimny_Firestorm2 wrote:Aw, that's so nice of them to do that for him, and awesome that they got to give it to Bret in person  Smile

I think it's so cute how happy it made him, and I love how  he was like talking to people in the crowd, but at the same time he was obviously just looking for the piano, and then in the end he just ended up asking who had the piano for him Laughing, he was just so excited! Bret is just like the most adorable person, and I love the photo's so much! Thank you so much for showing me that  Smile
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:37 pm
Late on posting this here (what else is new?) but 'Father and Son' was nominated for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics at the Emmys this year. The creative arts awards took place this weekend and while we were lucky enough to get to see Bret and Jemaine attend, they unfortunately lost out to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Which I can't really be mad about because it was very deserving, just would have loved to see the guys finally get their Emmy and Bret get one step close to his EGOT!  Shaking fist

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special PGAKhjl
Television Academy

September 13, 2019 - Bret attends the Society of Composers and Lyricists Nominees Reception.

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special 0eaGR53
source

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special RSO8Oke
source

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special 6dV7uFC
source

September 14, 2019 - Bret is joined by Jemaine for the awards ceremony and Governor's Ball.

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special 6qecPYT
source

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special SqzWAJx
credit Michael Buckner

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special 1GdvMAI
credit Michael Buckner

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special 7OijqT0

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special QxbrMHs
source

Last edited by Ami on Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:38 pm
Jimny_Firestorm2 wrote:Aw, I really wanted them to win, because they deserve it so much (I'm not actually familiar with what did win, but I'm sure it's awesome too), so I'm disappointed that they didn't win (probably more so than they are, well than Jemaine at least, he seems more relieved than anything, which honestly, would probably be my reaction too. Acceptance speeches seem kinda traumatising to me Laughing), and disappointed that Bret didn't get the EGOT, although to be honest I'd never actually heard of that until I read that article about it the other day. At least we got to see lots of awesome photo's though. Thanks for putting all the photo's on here, I can see them better now, especially the kiwi Very Happy

I'm still so happy that they were both there. I don't really know the Emmys that well, so I actually thought the photo's of Bret with the kiwi  and blue cardboard thing was it, and then next minute there's a photo of Bret and Jemaine and they're all dressed up and looking awesome, which is why I think I got as excited as I did  Laughing
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:40 pm
On the 2019 Creative Arts Emmys Red Carpet

Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:19 pm
A couple pictures that were missing from this thread. Very Happy

Finally we get to see more of Jemaine's suit. Heart eyes
Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special ZQRr8ZC
(I'd like to know where the hell this video is! Have a fit)

After party.
Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special SIK04G7

Love 3 Love 3 Love 3
Jimny_Firestorm2
Jimny_Firestorm2
Considering second-hand underpants

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:01 pm
Ami wrote:A couple pictures that were missing from this thread. Very Happy

Finally we get to see more of Jemaine's suit. Heart eyes
Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special ZQRr8ZC
(I'd like to know where the hell this video is! Have a fit)

After party.
Flight of the Conchords: Live in London HBO Special SIK04G7

Love 3 Love 3 Love 3

These are awesome!

I thought it was from the video above at first, until I  realised they were on different sides Laughing . I've seen quite a few images before that are obviously interviews that I can't. They all look pretty old though, so I doubt they exist anymore.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum