Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Legion Empty Legion

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:43 am
[size=150:i437okip]‘Legion’ Adds Jemaine Clement To FX Marvel Series – NY Comic-Con
by Dominic Patten
October 9, 2016 10:36am

In a panel that included a screening of the first half of the Legion pilot, Hawley also revealed on Sunday via Twitter from the stage that Jemaine Clement will be joining the first season of the show. While no details were given about the role the Flight of the Conchords co-star will play, I’ve learned it is a multi-episode arc for the actor. No premiere date was announced today but Legion is set to debut in 2017 on FX.
[url=source][/url]

Surprised :#excited#: Surprised :#excited#: Surprised
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Legion Empty Re: Jemaine joins the cast of 'Legion'

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:12 pm
No Jemaine yet of course but thought I'd check out the trailer anyway.

Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 pm
[size=110:1a6km5c0]
“Legion,” the highly-anticipated new series from “Fargo” creator Noah Hawley, will premiere on FX on Wednesday, Feb. 8. The latest Marvel-based TV venture centers around mutant David Haller (Dan Stevens), a troubled young man who was diagnosed as schizophrenic as a child, institutionalized in his early 30s. FX also released a new trailer that lays out the story a little more clearly than other teasers.

Still no Jemaine. :#thumbsdown#:

I don't usually get into any of the Marvel or superhero stuff but this looks like it could be really good. Smile
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:56 pm
Jean Smart plays Melanie, a woman who takes David in and seems to have the means to help him. Smart said that Melanie’s estranged husband (Jemaine Clement) will return after 20 years of living in an astral plane. X-Men franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner said Legion was a chance to use characters the films were not using.
[url=source][/url]

“Jemaine Clement plays my husband,” explained Smart. “He’s been living on an astral plane, so it’s a hard rendezvous.”
[url=source][/url]

Also, Courtney and I have been wondering if this could be Jemaine in this promo... :#shrug#:

Legion C1bPYvwUkAQ-trp.jpg
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 pm
That HAS to be him...
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:28 am
Legion EGYURcH.jpg
[url=source][/url]

I... I don't know what to say...

Still no word about who his character is though. :8-):
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:56 pm
My jaw hit the floor. He's too beautiful ^_^
I read that his character is the the husband of Melanie Bird (Jean Smart).
http://www.tvguide.com/news/legion-wont ... en-tca-fx/
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:58 pm
Niamara wrote:I read that his character is the the husband of Melanie Bird (Jean Smart).
http://www.tvguide.com/news/legion-wont ... en-tca-fx/
Yes, I read that too! Just wondering what's the name of the character so I can read some Marvel history on him. I just can't wait until it airs. Want to know more now. :#haha#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:59 pm
Promo with the man in the trees. (believed to be Jemaine's character because it's the only promo that he's retweeted from @LegionFX)

ETA:

With its stellar cast — featuring Bill Irwin and Jeremie Harris, who work to help David at Melanie's hidden compound;
Katie Aselton as his beloved sister Amy;
and the future emergence of [size=110:1c8u2lll]Jemaine Clement as Melanie's husband Oliver Bird — Legion has a lot of gifted people around to bring life to Hawley's vision.
[url=source][/url]

Smile
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:06 pm
Hey guys, I just listened to a short podcast called FlicksCast. Jemaine briefly mentions that his character is a scientist and a mutant (he thinks, lol. He said he wasn't given all the info). Also he laughs a lot in this, which absolutely melts my heart.

https://soundcloud.com/flicks-nz/a-chat ... es-of-maui

:#love3#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:07 pm
Niamara wrote:Hey guys, I just listened to a short podcast called FlicksCast. Jemaine briefly mentions that his character is a scientist and a mutant (he thinks, lol. He said he wasn't given all the info). Also he laughs a lot in this, which absolutely melts my heart.

https://soundcloud.com/flicks-nz/a-chat ... es-of-maui

:#love3#:

Ooh thanks for posting I'm going to listen while catching up!
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:24 pm
Amily wrote:No Jemaine yet of course but thought I'd check out the trailer anyway.

GUYS, I decided to go back and watch all the trailers that are on youtube now that we know who Jemaine is.... check out this video at about 1:04 and tell me what you see! :#lol#: :#love3#:
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:45 pm
Amily wrote:
Amily wrote:No Jemaine yet of course but thought I'd check out the trailer anyway.

GUYS, I decided to go back and watch all the trailers that are on youtube now that we know who Jemaine is.... check out this video at about 1:04 and tell me what you see! :#lol#: :#love3#:

That head bob looks familiar... :#lol#: I can't wait for this to premiere.
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:07 pm
Of course I had to...

Legion G5AdOJn.png
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:45 pm
[size=150:x9ltdgar][url=Legion: Jean Smart drawn to new Marvel show's X-Factor][/url]

"
I knew it would turn into something interesting,"
she says

But quite who or what Smart's Melanie Bird character is remains to be seen.

"
(Noah's) sort of described me as a rescuer and that's what sort of interested me the most. That's why she and her husband set up this place to try and find these young Mutants and help and protect them."

The husband in question is played by Kiwi actor and Flight Of The Conchords founder Jemaine Clement.

He was suggested for the role by Hawley with Smart saying, "
I was so thrilled when he was cast. I've always been a big fan of his and I thought he was perfect casting as he was almost like an absent-minded professor.

"
He was just a delight to work with. I really hope he and I have more together because that was definitely my favourite part of the show, my stuff with him and about him. Everybody on the show is a joker so he fitted right in."

And Smart, who got her big break as the sweet-but-ditzy Charlene Frazier in the '80s sitcom Designing Women, admits to being slightly jealous of her Kiwi co-star, claiming he got to do "
the fun stuff"

"
Jemaine got to do like special effects and everybody else is singing and dancing and I'm sort of boring,"
she claims, going on to express a wish that at some stage she will be given a Mutant superpower.

:#excited2#:
Zara
Zara

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:28 am
I just checked the UK air date, it's on February 9th for me, cannot wait. I just hope he's in it more than he was in Divorce.
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:33 am
Finally! Jemaine in the new Legion trailer!
https://twitter.com/LegionFX/status/829 ... 06144?s=09

Last edited by 1003 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:56 am
[url=http:
//s1076.
photobucket.
com/user/NIAMARA27/media/LEGION_zps40ebsscs.
png.
html:1y8fnayw]Legion LEGION_zps40ebsscs.png[/url:1y8fnayw]

.......... :#drool#: :#loveeyes#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:13 pm
UGH HE LOOKS GOOD :#loveeyes#:

I can't wait to have him on my TV again. :#excited2#:
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:30 pm
So here's the preview for next week's episode (don't watch if you haven't seen the pilot!). From articles online we know that apparently Jemaine's voice comes through the coffee machine, and he built the lab David is going to. Do you think it would make sense if he did the other automated voices for the lab? At 00:50 seconds, you hear "
malfunction detected."
I think that might be him. What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/0EH8fC_3k8M
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:22 pm
Niamara wrote:So here's the preview for next week's episode (don't watch if you haven't seen the pilot!). From articles online we know that apparently Jemaine's voice comes through the coffee machine, and he built the lab David is going to. Do you think it would make sense if he did the other automated voices for the lab? At 00:50 seconds, you hear "
malfunction detected."
I think that might be him. What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/0EH8fC_3k8M

It does sound like it could be him and I think it's possible he could do other voices through out the show, in the lab since he built it. I could definitely see that!

Also, btw... I think we've decided J is not the guy in the trees after last night. Sadly. Oh well. I guess my eyes wanted to see him so badly they tricked me. Hopefully next week we'll meet Oliver! :#pray#: Still can't find any info on how many episodes he's in. :8-):
Niamara
Niamara
Lost but happy at sea

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:00 pm
Yeah, I saw that :/ We just need it so bad, we try to see what we want to see! At least the show is really good so far (I think!) regardless. I'll just be rewatching the 10 seconds of the trailer he's in for the next week for my fix, I suppose :p
FunOnTheCouch
FunOnTheCouch
Considering second-hand underpants

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:47 am
I haven't watched the first episode yet as I don't have cable. I'll have to find it streaming somewhere. It looks like a really cool show.
That pic above is glorious! :#loveeyes#:
Zara
Zara

Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:30 am
Watched the pilot, shame we have to wait longer to see Jemaine but it looks like a cool show regardless.
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:15 am
Niamara wrote:Yeah, I saw that :/ We just need it so bad, we try to see what we want to see! At least the show is really good so far (I think!) regardless. I'll just be rewatching the 10 seconds of the trailer he's in for the next week for my fix, I suppose :p

Oh course that clip he's in is music related;
"
Hey, did that groove!"
:#haha#: Since the show is so surreal, I wonder if he'll sing in it? I'm being hopeful, I know.

I REALLY liked the pilot. I think it looks incredibly promising. I wasn't a big fan of Divorce, so it's going to be refreshing to have Jemaine in a show that I would probably be watching on my own even if he wasn't in it. Jemaine is just an incredible bonus.

OH and that might actually be him saying "
Malfunction Detected"
now that you've pointed it out. But my brain could be playing tricks on me, which seems to be the general theme of the show itself too.
Sponsored content

Legion Empty Re: Legion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum