Go down
emira
emira

Cuba Street Carnival 1999: Thomas LaHood interview Empty Cuba Street Carnival 1999: Thomas LaHood interview

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:47 am
I think we'll have to change the description of our Media and Press Archive. This is from 1999! Surprised

[vimeo:2npo28m5]69669554[/vimeo:2npo28m5]
Cuba Street Carnival 1999: Thomas LaHood 'interviews' Flight of the Conchords

Never-seen-before footage from a documentary that never-quite-was, about the infamous* 1999 Cuba Street Carnival.

(*wasn't actually very infamous, just rainy)

INTERVIEWER: Thomas LaHood
INTERVIEWEES: Bret McKenzie, Jemaine Clement, Miranda Manasiadis
CAMERAMAN: Luke Savage
EDITOR: Puck Murphy
caiknbake
caiknbake
PANTIES ON

Cuba Street Carnival 1999: Thomas LaHood interview Empty Re: Cuba Street Carnival 1999: Thomas LaHood interview

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:45 pm
They're so wee! :#fit#: #pinklove# :#fit#: #pinklove# :#fit#: #pinklove# :#fit#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Cuba Street Carnival 1999: Thomas LaHood interview Empty Re: Cuba Street Carnival 1999: Thomas LaHood interview

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:21 pm
OMG SUCH BABIES! :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#: :#fit#: :#inlove#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:02 am
I am officially dead inside. :#inlove#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:53 am
Jimny_Firestorm2 wrote:The video isn't working for me. I'm so curious about what's happening lol.

Ami wrote:I think we were all just freaking out because of how old the video is. There's not much too it, just about 1 minute of very young Conchords.  #love3#

I guess we can no longer embed vimeo videos with our set up here, so I've updated the original post.

Here's the link though. Smile

https://vimeo.com/69669554

Jimny_Firestorm2 wrote:Thank you so much, that was awesome! I wonder if that man would've known they were Flight of the Conchords and was interviewing them because of that, or if he was just interviewing random people in the street.

I love the part at the end when the man is saying they could start the conga off, and Jemaine says something like "It's a good way to get out of this..." I'm pretty sure Jemaine would do almost anything to escape from doing an interview Laughing

Ami wrote:I think he may have known who they were because he's also from Wellington and actually just as I was looking him up (I had no idea who he was tbh) I see that he was in an episode of Wellington Paranormal. Laughing Small world NZ...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10057256/?ref_=tt_cl_t10

I love the part at the end when the man is saying they could start the conga off, and Jemaine says something like "It's a good way to get out of this..." I'm pretty sure Jemaine would do almost anything to escape from doing an interview Laughing
I agree, I do think if he didn't have to he'd never do interviews. I think it's like that for both of them really. Just being the humble guys that they are.  Smile

Jimny_Firestorm2 wrote:That's so cool, and his name is awesome  ;D ! I haven't watched any Wellington Paranormal yet, they have the DVD on Amazon, but I don't know if I should get that, or if it's gonna get released over here.

Yeah, I don't think they would either, and I agree, I don't think either of them like being interviewed, I think it's just that Jemaine is more likely to actually express his dislike of them than Bret is  #lol# . I saw a old video of them, they had like giant tennis rackets, and they were being interviewed, and the interviewer was asking them really personal questions, that were nobody's business, and I just remember them asking Bret one and Jemaine just trying to stop the interviewer from asking him the question, and I just thought it was really sweet. I think it's possibly instances like that though that would make them dislike interviews, it's like, everyone has the right to have a private life, whether they're famous or not.

That was one of the awesome things about the Funny As interview, is that I don't think it ever really got too personal, and the interview was so long too. I was really amazed when it said on that Funny As article that they'd interviewed them for almost three hours, I would never have expected to get to see an interview with them that was over two hours long, or anywhere close.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum