Go down
laura
Dr. Flighty

BBC Comedy - Announcement and Video Interview - May 2010 Empty BBC Comedy annoucement video

Wed May 19, 2010 5:02 pm
They're at the top of the BBC Homepage!!!

BBC Comedy - Announcement and Video Interview - May 2010 YHXUZX0

Cheer Cheer Cheer
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

BBC Comedy - Announcement and Video Interview - May 2010 Empty BBC Comedy annoucement video

Wed May 19, 2010 8:18 pm

laura wrote:They're at the top of the BBC Homepage!!!

[image]

[image] [image] [image]

[image]

Ribbon & Finger Promotions, FTW

Venus
Posing like a swan

Fri May 21, 2010 12:10 pm

[image] [image] [image]

I hope you're all able to see it because it's on i-Player.

Last edited by 555 on Fri May 21, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri May 21, 2010 12:19 pm
I just finished it. Love 3

Bret - "It was a cabbagey dream come true."

In love In love In love In love
Katie
Katie
Totally Fine

Fri May 21, 2010 12:28 pm
That was great! Love 3

Jemaine continues to amaze with his repertoire of accents. Laughing
emira
emira

Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Venus wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p007zm9q

[image] [image] [image]

I hope you're all able to see it because it's on i-Player.

Yep, no problem [image] . Great interview [image] .

Terrorism awareness... scary time.... an arrow [image] .

Poor Jemaine fighting with a cold [image] [image] . Somebody give him a tissue!

I've noticed during the gig in London on 16th that he wanted to sneeze at least once. [image] [image] [image]

Last edited by 676 on Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 pm
"Britain is like an aunt to us... a kindly aunt."

"That makes us roast meals... gives us lollies."

Have a fit In love In love Jemaine Bret In love In love Have a fit
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Fri May 21, 2010 12:59 pm
onlyalways wrote:"Britain is like an aunt to us... a kindly aunt."

"That makes us roast meals... gives us lollies."

Same!

gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Fri May 21, 2010 1:45 pm
Random: they both have watches now when neither used to wear them! Laughing  (I think there was a discussion about their lack of timepieces somewhere sometime ago...)  Did Jemaine have watch envy?  I noticed Bret had one at the start of this tour, and now Jem has one too. Love 3

Also, did Bret say "mingin'" for how the BBC people smelled?
racistdragon
racistdragon
Mythical Gluenicorn

Fri May 21, 2010 2:08 pm
"It's a proper weebsite."

In love
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Fri May 21, 2010 2:34 pm

gezyka wrote:Random: they both have watches now when neither used to wear them! [image] (I think there was a discussion about their lack of timepieces somewhere sometime ago...) Did Jemaine have watch envy? I noticed Bret had one at the start of this tour, and now Jem has one too. [image]
I noticed Jem's watch right away because I've never seen him wear one before. Watch envy. [image] [image] [image]
Venus
Posing like a swan

Fri May 21, 2010 3:45 pm
gezyka wrote:Also, did Bret say "mingin'" for how the BBC people smelled?

I  Heart  Jemaine's range of accents.

Yes he said "minging". Been a while since I've heard that word. Laughing  It's used to describe something as being disgusting.
laura
Dr. Flighty

Fri May 21, 2010 3:51 pm
Venus wrote:Yes he said "minging". Been a while since I've heard that word. Laughing It's used to describe something as being disgusting.

Shy I say it all the time Shy

Loved the interview!   Love 3 Haha Love 3
chloe
The Unf! Fairy

Fri May 21, 2010 6:02 pm
ARRGGG! I want to snuggle them both! . . but maybe not in an "American doubles"sort of way, 'cause that might be awkward. .unless they were into it. Evil grin Love 3
cheapzoo
Lost but happy at sea

Mon May 24, 2010 2:01 pm
Amily wrote:I noticed Jem's watch right away because I've never seen him wear one before.  [size=133]Watch envy.[/size]   Love 3 Love 3 Love 3

Laughing

"Get a taxi!... Call a cab!"

ROFL

Seriously, my sides have split all over the place.
Katie
Katie
Totally Fine

Mon May 24, 2010 2:32 pm
cheapzoo wrote:"Get a taxi!... Call a cab!"

ROFL

Seriously, my sides have split all over the place.

To me he sounds like The Hitcher from Mighty Boosh when he says that.   Haha Six Shy

Idea I wonder if there are any accents he can do that I would not find sexy? I can't think of a single one.
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Mon May 24, 2010 10:30 pm
Katie wrote: Idea I wonder if there are any accents he can do that I would not find sexy? I can't think of a single one.
This instantly sprang to mind...

WHATABURGER!  Laughing hard

for others:

ADD: and now I really want to hear Jemaine give it a go.  ROFL

Last edited by 187 on Mon May 24, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
sargifster
Tech Admin

BBC Comedy - Announcement and Video Interview - May 2010 Empty BBC Comedy - Announcement and Video Interview - May 2010

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:00 am
Opening the BBC Comedy website

Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement, who together form the internationally renowned digi-folk band Flight of the Conchords, take a break from their busy tour schedule to perform the official opening ceremony for bbc.co.uk/comedy. Brett even plays the trumpet and uses his official BBC voice.

Interview

BBC Comedy grabs an exclusive chat with the toast of New Zealand's folk parody scene, Flight of The Conchords, during their tour of Britain. Bret and Jemaine reveal what the UK means to them, and take a trip down memory lane to recall their BBC radio series, back in the days when they used to play to twelve people instead of twelve thousand.

AlwaysWebsurfing
Considering second-hand underpants

BBC Comedy - Announcement and Video Interview - May 2010 Empty Re: BBC Comedy - Announcement and Video Interview - May 2010

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:20 pm
sargifster wrote:
Interview

BBC Comedy grabs an exclusive chat with the toast of New Zealand's folk parody scene, Flight of The Conchords, during their tour of Britain. Bret and Jemaine reveal what the UK means to them, and take a trip down memory lane to recall their BBC radio series, back in the days when they used to play to twelve people instead of twelve thousand.

[url=Video][/url]

thanks for posting this interiew Sargifster!
How interesting to learn that the original NBC pilot had their manager as an American. I can't quite picture how that dynamic would have worked....unless maybe if it were played by Greg Proops (as the Josh Dushay character from the BBC radio series). Boy I wish a copy of that pilot would end up on YouTube :#pray#:
emira
emira

BBC Comedy - Announcement and Video Interview - May 2010 Empty Re: BBC Comedy - Announcement and Video Interview - May 2010

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:45 am
AlwaysWebsurfing wrote:
How interesting to learn that the original NBC pilot had their manager as an American. I can't quite picture how that dynamic would have worked....unless maybe if it were played by Greg Proops (as the Josh Dushay character from the BBC radio series). Boy I wish a copy of that pilot would end up on YouTube :#pray#:

Do you think it was recorded or just a script? That would be awesome to see it! :#thud#:

I can't imagine a dynamic American as their manager. It's good that Rhys ended up in the HBO series and I believe that partly thanks to him the Conchords tv show is successful.
AlwaysWebsurfing
Considering second-hand underpants

Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:49 pm
emira wrote:
Do you think it was recorded or just a script? That would be awesome to see it! :#thud#:

I can't imagine a dynamic American as their manager. It's good that Rhys ended up in the HBO series and I believe that partly thanks to him the Conchords tv show is successful.

I did read that they made a pilot, so something probably does exist on film/video. NBC must have the recorded pilot somewhere in their archives, but it'll probably never see the light of day...since the guys moved on to HBO with their series.

It would be interesting to know who played the American Manager in the pilot (or who NBC wanted to portray him). Must add that to the list of questions to ask them
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:58 am
I would pay so much money to see that pilot! SO MUCH MONEY.

I bet it would be so weird to watch. It's probably so different from the HBO show... well, besides the American manager thing. Someone at NBC REALLY needs to leak it!
emira
emira

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:39 am
:#saddance#: :#saddance#: :#saddance#:

They are good at making mocumentaries (The Living Room, Texan Odyssey, the BBC radio show). Maybe it was more like this than the tv show we know now. :#sadlove#:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum