Go down
4everconchordsfan
I'm not crying

KiaOra. Another devoted fangurl Empty KiaOra. Another devoted fangurl

Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:58 pm
Hiya Everyone,

The new forum is awesome. I'd like to say thanks to everyone for all the hard work and dedication. Thanks for keeping us together and for sharing all that is Jemaine and Bret...and their very talented friends too.

I've had the pleasure of meeting many of you in Berkeley, Vegas, LA, and Austin. Fun times. I hope we get to do that again real soon. It really was so much fun.

I first heard about the guys on HBO. I anxiously waited for their HBO special. Then I saw them on 'One Night Stand'. Yep, they had me at hello. I mean just seeing them the first time. :#loveeyes#: It was J-love at first sight. Bret is adorable too. Sometimes I think I may have bi-conchordian tendencies. Nah, it's Jemaine. Truth be told they really are the most kind and generous guys. Not to mention drop dead sexy-sexy. I just love 'em to death.

On April 28, 2009 I saw my first Flight of the Conchords show in Chicago at the Arie Crown Theatre. I fell hard. I busted my butt to get tickets for both Milwaukee shows at the Riverside May 2, that very weekend. I saw 3 shows in less than one week. I couldn't stop there, so off I went to Las Vegas to see them at the Hard Rock on May 23rd. Then I flew from Vegas to Berkeley to catch 2 more shows at the Berkeley Community Theatre May 25th. In September rumor had it that Jemaine would on the red carpet at the premiere of Gentlemen Broncos in Austin (FantasticFest). Off I went again. It was Jemazing. This is where I met Courtney, Sara, and Jessica. We were all at Bookpeople for Jemaine's reading/book signing gig. :#hug#: It seemed like a very long winter but at long last we had word that the guys would be on tour again in April-May 2010. At first it seemed to be just Europe but then thank goodness the news came that they would make a few stopovers in the U.S. at the end of the tour. Off I went to Berkeley again, this time at the Greek Theatre at UC Berkeley. Then boarded a plane to Las Vegas to see them the next night at Planet Hollywood. Then the next day got in a car with WTF mates and drove Vegas to LA to attend the show at Hollywood Bowl. There I was able to meet so many members of this forum. It was something I had looked so forward to and you guys :#hug#: , love ya. Can't wait until we can do that again. Yes, I have seen Eagle Vs. Shark &
own the dvd. Have seen Futile Attraction and own the dvd. Have seen Tonga Ninja &
own the dvd. I have Diagnosis Death on a flash drive. I have their cd's, the BBC radio series, he HBO dvd's. I've collected a few magazines, articles, posters, pencils in the wind vinyl, t-shirts and what nots. I am always shopping for something FOTC related.

On a personal note I have lived in Chicago (northwest side) all of my life. What a yawn but that's just the way it has turned out. Hopefully that will all change next year, im preparing for a huge change. I have worked in the travel industry for many years. Currently I work in a call center making airline reservations for promotions. I have been a travel agent, worked for major airlines, sold cruises and worked with booking group &
niche travel. I am currently single. No kids. No pets. Just little ole me. Never fear I am a dog lover. I'd love a dog but it's hard to find a building in the city that accepts pets.

Ok, sorry about going on. Hope that isn't oversharing. I'm looking forward to hanging with you and sharing all that FOTC and then some.
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

KiaOra. Another devoted fangurl Empty Re: KiaOra. Another devoted fangurl

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:06 pm
Karen!! :#glomp#:

Thanks so much for the intro! It's great that Bret and Jemaine have such devoted fans. :#love3#: Hopefully they'll keep doing things that will lead us to run into each other again, though I guess they weren't at SXSW this year. :#lol#: Looking forward to finding out where your "
huge change"
takes you. :#aziz#:

Anyway, hope you enjoy it here and post lots! :#hug#:
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 pm
KAREN!!! :#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#:

Meeting you in Berkeley and hanging out with you again in LA was one of the highlights of that trip for me. I'm so happy we got that chance. :#love3#:

I'm looking forward to seeing your posts around the board. :;
D: Also, there is no such thing as over sharing when you come here and gush about your FOTC-love! :#fingerwave#: :#lol#: :#hug#:
onlyalways
onlyalways
High Class Conwhord

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:23 pm
OH HEY. :#aziz#: :#hug#:

It was wonderful meeting you, and glad to have you back! Smile
4everconchordsfan
I'm not crying

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Awww. Thanks guys. I feel so welcome here. I'll def be around, it just makes me smille :;
D:
emira
emira

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:21 pm
Kia Ora, Karen!

Thanks for sharing. It's always good to hear that there are others out there in the world who are as crazy about B&
J as me.

:#haha#:

Great to see you here :#glomp#:

Ka Kite,

Sylwia
Katie
Katie
Totally Fine

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:29 pm
Great to have you here, Karen! :#hug#:
squidhat
Beneath a willow tree

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:04 am
hello! :#wave#:
wow, the amount of times you've seen the guys live! that's really amazing Smile
i loved reading your story and look forward to seeing you around the board! :#cheer#:
sargifster
Tech Admin

Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:58 am
So good to see you on here, Karen! :#glomp#: :#glomp#:

Hope you carry on posting. It would be great to hear from you.

:#heart#: Sarah (from the UK)
luckym
My shadow played a bass clarinet

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:39 pm
Yay! I'm so glad you're here, Karen! I hope you'll start posting more! :#aziz#:

:#glomp#: :#glomp#: :#glomp#:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum