May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA (Santa Barbara Bowl)

+15
codemonkey
chrissycubana
onlyalways
Katie
drunkagain
sheila
hellomyfriend
wmniwoman
dontlookback
mistysquarepants
Venus
luckym
gezyka
tanfastic
Ami
19 posters
Go down
Ami
Ami
Administrator

May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA (Santa Barbara Bowl) Empty May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA (Santa Barbara Bowl)

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:49 pm
May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA (Santa Barbara Bowl) KetXHcj

Last edited by Ami on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
tanfastic
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA (Santa Barbara Bowl) Empty May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:30 pm
Don't you mean the SANTA BRAHBRAH show?
Ami
Ami
Administrator

May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA (Santa Barbara Bowl) Empty May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:53 pm

tanfastic wrote:Don't you mean the SANTA BRAHBRAH show?

[image]
gezyka
gezyka
You don't have to be a prostitute

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:55 pm

tanfastic wrote:Don't you mean the SANTA BRAHBRAH show?
[image] [image]
tanfastic
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Wed May 06, 2009 8:38 am
Just saw on the news -- there's a fire in Santa Brahbrah. Jesusito fire or something. Up in a wooded mountain area. It better be out by May 22 or I'm gonna kick that arsonist's ass. He doesn't really know who he's dealing with. [image]
luckym
My shadow played a bass clarinet

Fri May 15, 2009 6:28 pm
I just got tickets for this show!!!!!!!!

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image]
Venus
Posing like a swan

Fri May 15, 2009 6:30 pm

luckym wrote:I just got tickets for this show!!!!!!!!

[image]
Venus
Posing like a swan

Fri May 22, 2009 8:46 pm
Just reading tweets and it's being reported that there are a few celebs in attendance including Pierce Brosnan, Brian Bell and Puddy from Seinfeld...interesting! Hope luckym has a blast Smile
mistysquarepants
Smokin' with an eye that's broken

Fri May 22, 2009 8:54 pm
I cant wait to hear some reports about this one Smile
Venus
Posing like a swan

Fri May 22, 2009 10:02 pm
Aww someone just threw Bret a blanket on stage, it must be chilly there now. Where's the quilt when he needs it?  Wink

Last edited by 555 on Fri May 22, 2009 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
dontlookback
dontlookback

Fri May 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Venus wrote:Aww someone just threw Bret a blanket on stage, it must be chilly there now. Where's the quilt when he needs it? ;
):
Aw,that's cute [image]
Jemaine - Go tell Matt to get the quilt for you. [image] [image]

P.s. - Is Bret wearing that shirt again? [image] [image] [image]

Last edited by 532 on Fri May 22, 2009 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
wmniwoman
Turning white clouds grey

Fri May 22, 2009 11:19 pm
found this by arj on twitter
I think it's from santa brabrah [image]

arjbarker Oh shii look out for the hip-hop-a-potamus!!!

Last edited by 313 on Fri May 22, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
tanfastic
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Sat May 23, 2009 1:48 am
[image]

OK, this is totally lame, but Pierce Bronson and family (wife and I think 2 boys) was 7 seats away from me in Santa Brahbrah. Pierce is the middle head of the above 3 (2 sons on either side). The red fabric is his wife's jacket, you can't see her head. Again, sorry it's so lame, but he was stunning. (I know it looks like it could be any schmuck but maybe someone can back me up.) I just held my cell in my hand and turned it in his direction and hoped for the best. We were in the 8th row. Guess he was right there doing the fan presale with me! NOT.

First let me apologize, I am dead tired and a mass of misinformation when I'm totally awake, so I will screw this up royally. Plus my cell only took daytime photos (was dark when the guys came on) and my friend's camera photos (the two she sent me so far) suck.

Jem did Arj's intro (Jem was brill), said it was being filmed for an Arj special, "
The Exactly One Hour Long Arj Barker Special"
or something like that. I can't even remember who it was for, HBO?? Arj did a pretty long set, went over well. Loved him.

The guys came out, Jem in red plaid shirt (the kind of plaid that looks like it's having an acid trip, y'know that kind?) and a cream v-neck cardigan. Bret wore the dark shirt w/red embroidery (glows in the dark under the blue lights). Bret said someting to the effect of Hello Santa Brah Brah. Early on it became frickin freezing there and Bret kept rubbing his hands together. They said they had no idea it would be so cold there, thought it would be warm like in the soap Santa Barbara, plus there would be lots of affairs. A gal walked up with a blanket for Bret (as per post above) and he put it around his shoulders. Jem said Bret was more cold than he cause Jem had a sweater. They held on to tea cups (rather coffee mugs w/tea) to heat up their hands. Probably helped their vocal chords too, that dang moist ocean air.

I saw them last year LA/Orpheum and they sure have evolved. They have changed the song arrangements, plus brought in of course the NZ orchestra (haha, hilarious), added some new funny lyrics here and there, plus new banter , and of course the season 2 songs -- ALL FRIGGIN BRILLIANT. So happy to not have the exact same show. Of course I can't remember a dang example of how they've changed em up, but these shows have been written about ad nauseum anyhow.

The crowd was enthusiastic but polite. Sadly, I think it was Jem who pointed out there were kids in the audience, so they toned down the rap about being in a band and getting blow jobs. But they still didn't totally clean up the act thank God! Pierce baby, what were ya thinking, bringin' them youngins!! (Not the only one who did). Someone threw a tea bag on stage towards Bret -- !! -- he said that was actually very nice, but it is customary for them to get panties thrown on the stage. He did get hot water for the tea and said we'd have to wait 3-4 minutes for it to be ready so let's do a song. Later Jem did say something about Santa Brahbrah too. For you Bretrosexuals, fyi, Bret was, very handsome with his wild curly shiney hair, and his face was filled out nicely (last year he gotta a bit skinny on tour). They were both so clever and the music was spot on. Wish I had more details but scuse me while I [image]

dontlookback
dontlookback

Sat May 23, 2009 2:13 am

tanfastic wrote:[image]

OK, this is totally lame, but Pierce Bronson and family (wife and I think 2 boys) was 7 seats away from me in Santa Brahbrah. Pierce is the middle head of the above 3 (2 sons on either side). The red fabric is his wife's jacket, you can't see her head. Again, sorry it's so lame, but he was stunning. (I know it looks like it could be any schmuck but maybe someone can back me up.) I just held my cell in my hand and turned it in his direction and hoped for the best. We were in the 8th row. Guess he was right there doing the fan presale with me! NOT.

First let me apologize, I am dead tired and a mass of misinformation when I'm totally awake, so I will screw this up royally. Plus my cell only took daytime photos (was dark when the guys came on) and my friend's camera photos (the two she sent me so far) suck.

Jem did Arj's intro (Jem was brill), said it was being filmed for an Arj special, "
or something like that. I can't even remember who it was for, HBO?? Arj did a pretty long set, went over well. Loved him.

The guys came out, Jem in red plaid shirt (the kind of plaid that looks like it's having an acid trip, y'know that kind?) and a cream v-neck cardigan. Bret wore the dark shirt w/red embroidery (glows in the dark under the blue lights). Bret said someting to the effect of Hello Santa Brah Brah. Early on it became frickin freezing there and Bret kept rubbing his hands together. They said they had no idea it would be so cold there, thought it would be warm like in the soap Santa Barbara, plus there would be lots of affairs. A gal walked up with a blanket for Bret (as per post above) and he put it around his shoulders. Jem said Bret was more cold than he cause Jem had a sweater. They held on to tea cups (rather coffee mugs w/tea) to heat up their hands. Probably helped their vocal chords too, that dang moist ocean air.

I saw them last year LA/Orpheum and they sure have evolved. They have changed the song arrangements, plus brought in of course the NZ orchestra (haha, hilarious), added some new funny lyrics here and there, plus new banter , and of course the season 2 songs -- ALL FRIGGIN BRILLIANT. So happy to not have the exact same show. Of course I can't remember a dang example of how they've changed em up, but these shows have been written about ad nauseum anyhow.

The crowd was enthusiastic but polite. Sadly, I think it was Jem who pointed out there were kids in the audience, so they toned down the rap about being in a band and getting blow jobs. But they still didn't totally clean up the act thank God! Pierce baby, what were ya thinking, bringin' them youngins!! (Not the only one who did). Someone threw a tea bag on stage towards Bret -- !! -- he said that was actually very nice, but it is customary for them to get panties thrown on the stage. He did get hot water for the tea and said we'd have to wait 3-4 minutes for it to be ready so let's do a song. Later Jem did say something about Santa Brahbrah too. For you Bretrosexuals, fyi, Bret was, very handsome with his wild curly shiney hair, and his face was filled out nicely (last year he gotta a bit skinny on tour). They were both so clever and the music was spot on. Wish I had more details but scuse me while I [image]

[image] That's so awesome about Pierce!

I love the bit about blow jobs. [image] But that's good they 'toned it down' I guess [image]

Aw,Bret-y got some hot tea [image] That's cute.

Glad you had a good time [image]
luckym

Sat May 23, 2009 3:54 am

I can't believe you were near Pierce! I was pretty far back, so I didn't see any of the celebs. But I was reading about it on twitter before the show and I was just like "
wtf? are they really all here?"
It was pretty strange. [image]

Anyway, I'll post about the show in the morning. Waaaaaaay to sleepy to do it now.
Venus
Posing like a swan

Sat May 23, 2009 7:50 am

Wow that's so cool that you were so close to Pierce Brosnan and his family. Thanks for the recap!

Can't wait to hear more about this show Smile
tanfastic
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Sat May 23, 2009 9:10 am
At one point, Jem was talking about how cold it was, and how the audience must be cold. He pointed to a guy in a t shirt and said "
HE must be really cold."
Then he took Bret's blankie (which had fallen off Bret's shoulders by then) and gave it to the guy in the audience.

One of the new funny lines they added was in Im Not Crying. Jem says the "
Im not crying -- please dont tell my mates "
and added "
they'll think I'm gay."

Stana really was sumpin, love their cowboy delivery (you know they have a blast just working the cowboy bit, gettin to be tuff guys). The sex part at the end was hilarious. Pretty much every time they bring up sex it's a hoot, ya know?

Last edited by 34 on Sat May 23, 2009 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
tanfastic
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Sat May 23, 2009 9:33 am
Bret had a little plastic rhinoceros stuck on his guitar. ;<br />D

They were using "
JUMBOTRON"
(in their case maybe mediumtron) screens. Didin't have that last year, loved it. Really nice camera work, and the mixer (or whatever ya call him/her) did some cool shots, superimposing them both on the screen(s) together, switching at the right moment to the right guy in relation to the song (pretty much spot on anyway). It was well done.

Somebody needs to post Arj's twitter picture from backstage dressing rooms, "
Star # 3"
. Hilarious. (It would take me a few hours to do that)

Last edited by 34 on Sat May 23, 2009 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
tanfastic
Ah, Gerard Depardieu

Sat May 23, 2009 10:12 am
Good grief, sorry for my postathon, somebody stop me. When the Hiphopopotamus said he made all of the ladies in the first five rows pregnant, he added in his sheepish apologetic Jem voice something like "
but I will return to make child support payments."

When some artists change up their songs live, cause they're so sick of playing the same thing over n over, you don't always like the new version. W/FOTC their new changes are so well done ya never complain. I had to hang my head in shame a few times when they were starting to play some classics and I couldn't tell what song it was gonna be.

hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Sat May 23, 2009 12:16 pm

tanfastic wrote:... When the Hiphopopotamus said he made all of the ladies in the first five rows pregnant, he added in his sheepish apologetic Jem voice something like "

[image]

[image] [image]
dontlookback
dontlookback

Sat May 23, 2009 12:18 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:
tanfastic wrote:... When the Hiphopopotamus said he made all of the ladies in the first five rows pregnant, he added in his sheepish apologetic Jem voice something like "

[image]

[image] [image]
[image] Can he get any more adorable? Seriously? His amount of adorable-ness is off every chart ever made. [image]
sheila
Way less focused than squirrels

Sat May 23, 2009 12:25 pm

dontlookback wrote:
hellomyfriend wrote:

[image]

[image] [image]
[image] Can he get any more adorable? Seriously? His amount of adorable-ness is off every chart ever made. [image]

[image] he drives my crazy with his cuteness!! [image]
Venus
Posing like a swan

Sat May 23, 2009 7:09 pm
Thanks for sharing all the info tanfantastic Smile

tanfastic wrote:Somebody needs to post Arj's twitter picture from backstage dressing rooms, "
Star # 3"

Haha love that pic:
Arj's tweet:

[size=100:4dfknwr8]Wow that was pretty sweet! Killer crowd at the SB bowl Smile) but just in case I get cocky and forget my place
[url=Source][/url]
[image]
[image] [image]
hellomyfriend
Probing Planet Bret

Sat May 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Venus wrote:Thanks for sharing all the info tanfantastic Smile

tanfastic wrote:Somebody needs to post Arj's twitter picture from backstage dressing rooms, "
Star # 3"

Haha love that pic:
Arj's tweet:

[size=100:touvmpvt]Wow that was pretty sweet! Killer crowd at the SB bowl Smile) but just in case I get cocky and forget my place
[url=Source][/url]
[image]
[image] [image]

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Poor behbeh.

[image] [image]
Ami
Ami
Administrator

Sat May 23, 2009 7:32 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:

[image]

[image] [image]

He's so sweet I can't take it! [image]
Sponsored content

May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA (Santa Barbara Bowl) Empty Re: May 22 - Santa Barbara, CA (Santa Barbara Bowl)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum